Why do my devices become not managed after moving to share groups?

Options
jim_chen
jim_chen Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in General questions

Recently I had a problem while using TeamViewer Host.

I installed TeamViewer Host in my devices and assigned them to my account. In order to let other users access them in my company, I move them into our company share groups.

Originally, after assigning them to account, they are managed and can be seen with Show only Managed Devices switching on. However, after moving into our share groups, I found that I couldn't see them with Show only Managed Devices switching on. And when I try to access them, it should be authenticated but we didn't set up any configuration about authentication. And I cannot access them as well.

What's the problem with them? How can I solve them?

Thank you.

Tagged:

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @jim_chen,

Happy to see you posting. Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🚀

I recommend you unassign the Host completely and assign it to your account again.

Once it's reassigned, you can then select the managers who should have access to the device, too.

Let me know if this has worked for you! Looking forward to hearing from you. 🙂

/JeanK

Community Manager

• jim_chen
    jim_chen Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hi JeanK,

Thank you for your answer.

This method works if I keep them in my local groups, but I would like to know if I want to share them on the groups which are managed by the administrator, what's the right way to do that?

Is it because of permissions that I can't access these devices? If that, can the administrator solve the problem? Because actually he gave me all permissions of those groups before. But I'm not sure if he should add me into the manager list for those new devices in the group.

Thank you.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hi @jim_chen,

Thank you for the details.

I understand now that an admin is managing your license and devices.

The system is designed so that the administrators assign the devices and share permissions to the managers.

Therefore, the best practice would be for your admin to assign the devices to your company. Then, they would select all managers and their permission.

So, I'd recommend unassigning the device from your account and letting your administrator sort everything out. 🙂

Let me know if you need any guidance during the process!

/JeanK

Community Manager