Your device will be assigned to Company ...message

Options
NGPIT
NGPIT Posts: 6 ✭✭

I deploy a teamviewer host client , but have assignment message need to acept by manual, can I automatic allow this ?

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi @NGPIT,

Sorry, we didn't clarify this in the first place.

Indeed, deployment capabilities are only available for Corporate license holders.

Correct, in this scenario, the .exe cannot be used.

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

/JeanK

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @NGPIT and a big welcome to the TeamViewer Community family!

We recommend following our Mass deployment on Windows - User guide.

In step 9, you'll find the command line we recommend using:

start /wait MSIEXEC.EXE /i "PATH_TO_MSI_FILE\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=YOUR_CUSTOM_CONFIG_ID
    timeout /t 30 /nobreak
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assignment --id YOUR_ASSIGNMENT_ID

The /qn parameter will ensure that no assignment confirmation message will pop up.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Kplatte
    Kplatte Posts: 1 ✭
    Options

I have same question.

When run this command "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assignment --id YOUR_ASSIGNMENT_ID

there is a popup windows that prompts to Allow and Finish or Cancel.

Looking for option to not show that window and to Allow assignment.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @Kplatte, hi @NGPIT,

Exactly - and this is expected, as your command line does not contain "/qn".

To make sure no window pops up, you must use the /qn parameter in your command line, as in the example I shared:

start /wait MSIEXEC.EXE /i "PATH_TO_MSI_FILE\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=YOUR_CUSTOM_CONFIG_ID
    timeout /t 30 /nobreak
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assignment --id YOUR_ASSIGNMENT_ID

Let me know if it worked with a command line including /qn.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• NGPIT
    Options

Hello @JeanK

It seems that my authorization only allows installation using an executable (exe) file. If that's the case, is there any other way?

• JeanK
    edited January 9
    Options

Hi @NGPIT,

The silent installation should also be possible with the .msi file.

What are you observing? Could you describe what is not working as expected?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• NGPIT
    Options

During the silent installation with the command TeamViewer_Host_Setup.exe /S /norestart, a popup window asks to "allow" or "cancel" remote management on the first launch. If ignored or "cancel" is chosen, the computer won't show up in the admin console. Is there a way to auto-allow this setting and skip the popup?

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @NGPIT ,

Thanks for reaching out!

To install TeamViewer Host silently (with no manual confirmation), you must put /qn in your command line.

Could you give it a try and let us know if it worked?

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• NGPIT
    Options

Hello,

My license is "Premium," which appears to require a "Corporate" level license or higher for "MSI" deployment capabilities. Does this mean that "EXE" cannot be used?

• JeanK
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Hi @NGPIT,

Sorry, we didn't clarify this in the first place.

Indeed, deployment capabilities are only available for Corporate license holders.

Correct, in this scenario, the .exe cannot be used.

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• elbcloud_casi
    elbcloud_casi Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @JeanK,

we have the same issue. We actually use the /qn parameter as seen in this screenshot:

We are still getting the same question that @NGPIT showed in his screenshot.

Our license is Tensor Basic, so we have the actual license requirements. How do we fix this? We want to be able to roll out the host and apply customizations and policies during the rollout.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @elbcloud_casi,

I had a chat with our engineers, and I'm pretty sure I found the issue.

You need to go to your module via Design & Deploy and make sure that the toggle Use Managed Group Assignment is unticked.

Click Save to apply the change.

Then, try again; no pop-up should be shown after the installation.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• elbcloud_casi
    Options

Hi @JeanK thank you for checking.

Unfortunately, this is not the fix we need. If we disable the managed group assignments, this has other negative implications.

Is it planned to have a way to silently roll out the TV Host without getting the prompt, like the old way?

Best regards,

Carsten

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @elbcloud_casi,

With the process we described in Mass deployment on Windows - Overview, there shouldn't be any negative implications.

If so, would you tell us which negative implications exactly you mean?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• elbcloud_casi
    Options

Hi @JeanK,

thank you. The issue is, that the Computers get created in Groups that afterwards need to be updated as mentioned in the Admin Portal.

Also, we need to manually manage permissions for every group that is created by manually adding agents with the corresponding permissions. Using managed group assignments, we have none of these pains, but the initially mentioned account assignment pop-up.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @elbcloud_casi,

This is correct; after the deployment, you need to go through the device groups and set/adjust the permissions for every group.

There is currently no other option or workaround we can offer.

Regarding the pop-up, I'd recommend opening a support ticket. Our engineers might take a look at it. πŸ™‚

/JeanK

Community Manager

• wsucppsits
    wsucppsits Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

The "use managed group assignment" toggle (per your screenshot) only exists for the old custom module accessible via the old web Management Console. It does not exist in the new custom module interface accessible via the new web Management Portal. This has been an issue for a very long time.

• JeanK
    edited February 29
    Options

@wsucppsits You don't need this toggle in the new web app https://web.teamviewer.com/.

You can define the assignments via the rollout configuration, as explained here:

πŸ“„ Create a rollout configuration - 6/10

Let me know if you have any further questions! I'll be happy to assist.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• lbunnell
    lbunnell Posts: 1 ✭
    Options

This is the command we are using:

start /wait MSIEXEC.EXE /i "Teamviewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxx

It does have the /qn flag and we are getting the end user pop-up to "Allow and Finish or Cancel" when deploying.

I have checked the custom module and there are no settings for group assignment to untick.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi all,

I've talked with our engineers and come back with (hopefully) the solution. πŸ™‚

When using the new interface and deploying TeamViewer via script, the rollout configuration in the module's settings must be set toΒ None.

Please give it a try. You shouldn't see the pop-up; the installation should occur without user interaction.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• BHDM
    BHDM Posts: 1 ✭
    Options

We are facing the same issue and cannot find your additional configuration / select the Rollout configuration / 'None'.

• nick1992
    nick1992 Posts: 1 ✭
    Options

If you use Intune and use the command /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=xxxxxx you would get the pop-up message and be required to accept it.

It would be nice if you could assign it with just the assignment ID after the customconfig.

Like; /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=YOUR_CUSTOM_CONFIG_IDΒ Β assignmentΒ --id YOUR_ASSIGNMENT_ID