Saving passwords in new interface

Options
bookie56
bookie56 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in General questions

Hi guys!

I need to understand how to use the newer interface....

On the old one I could the customer by "ID" and "password" on first connection and after that on newer connections a request would be sent to the customer to allow access....

This has worked perfectly for a long time....

Is this not possible from new interface? If not....why?

bookie56

Answers

• ATK_DIGORA
    ATK_DIGORA Posts: 1
    Options

Same question here...

It seems TV folks have segregated the old 'Computers and Contacts' devices into 'bookmarked but you can't do anything with it' and 'get a license and install the full product' versions...

As far as I'm concerned, I'm using a full version licensed product for now. But needing to have someone next to the connection target just to give me again and again the password of a QuickSupport session is a dead end for me. Personally, I won't install a full version on every host I need to access for a few hours or half a day. So I'm already looking for alternative software.

AlI can advise you is to keep using the old interface/version - you can switch back - as long as it works for you. Then get ready to move to another product if TV is pulling the plug on the old version and functionalities.

• BlakeM
    BlakeM Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Yep, agreed, insanely **bleep** for those static systems, that you just need to service every now & then.

Simple tasks are taking a thousand clicks & then still do not have half the function of previous versions. Why do we need to use the old version to have the same function?

We used a branded version of the client in the past & if there is an issue with it, you are unable to talk remote users through fixing the issue (so all our tech's stopped installing just the client). This new version, that exists on your target computers, is just as useless as that client... The 'enforced update' from TV (or should I say, threat of loss of function) on the remote computers, is not helpful either!