Wake on Lan Stopped Working

Options

Running windows-v15-49-2 for TeamViewer Host on client user machines.

After the update, Wake on Lan is no longer working, defaults to "Device could not wake up. Please make sure your device is online and try again."

Not sure if the maintenance window at 01/06/2024 from 20:00 to 23:00 CET is already going into effect for certain services or if the update itself broke Wake on Lan.

Full Client (admin machince [me]) is running MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) and did not have any issues until the updates went through on the user end.

Verified Magic Packet, Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect is disabled, power settings all set to never lock/logout/turn WiFi off, and ran TeamViewer w/Admin privileges on user's machines to verify if that would make a difference.

Still no Wake on Lan working.

Uninstall and re-install be the best method?

Or

Is there an easier way to downgrade TeamViewer?

The devices are connected via Intune and Entra.

Tagged:

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,598 Moderator
    Options

Hi @palladium,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

It could possibly be a hiccup from the maintenance on 6th Jan 2024 CET. Can you try again after restarting both devices please?

At the same time, I would like to share the article about Wake up a device remotely (Classic) just to make sure all the setups are correct.

Hope to hear about your progress and let us know if we may help further on the case.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • palladium
    palladium Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

@Ying_Q Thank you for the reply, checking the documentation for proper setup and will report back after restarting the devices as well.

• palladium
    Options

@Ying_Q I tested Wake on Lan via WiFi (no hard cable) and it worked before the update, however, still doesn't seem to work,

Here is my current setup for Wake on Lan (on the client/user)end:

Let me know if anything sticks out to you.

Latest test after updating and restarting device:

As a note, to get what happened above, within the TeamViewer session I hit "Sleep" within the Power menu to initiate a sleep mode and verify Wake on Lan still isn't working.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,598 Moderator
    Options

Hi @palladium,

Thank you so much for sharing the detailed information.

After checking my previous reply and the screenshots you provided, I think I have missed out on one of the setup checks for Wake on LAN. May I ask you to check the configuration section on Wake up a device remotely. At the same time, please also check if the router and ports are also in the right configuration.

Last but not least, the TeamViewer Support Team is available for assistance too if you hold a TeamViewer license.

Keep me posted about your WOL connections and wish you a nice day!

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • palladium
    Options

@Yannis1970 Thank you for the response and here is the additional information:

We do hold a license for TeamViewer, thank you.

I also went ahead and ensured wake on lan was enabled in BIOS, which it previously wasn't so thank you for that mention!

However, I still receive the same error message.

Any other ideas for possible logs when sending out the Wake on Lan packet that I could capture?

I'm thinking of using Wireshark on the Admin machine and watch the traffic as Wake up Device is clicked on within TeamViewer Admin Client.

I may be able to see the magic packet go out and possibly hit a dead-end at some point in the travel.

Either Firewall or NIC itself.