Add description or information about a computer

KNAP89
KNAP89 Posts: 3
edited January 9 in TeamViewer Tensor

Dear Community,

Is it any possibility to enter description or information about computers (system, user's name) ? The description field is grayed.

I looked into Custom field documentation but it's only working for computer that are on my own.

Note that I use "Device Groups" in my company to share computer with other people

Best Regards,

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,213 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @KNAP89 ,

Thanks for the additional details and for raising this question!

I verified internally with our support team, and at the moment, it is not possible to activate the Device Description Permissions feature via Group Policy - the feature is available only in the Device Properties which means that the activation of this feature must be done manually to each device.

You can add your request for improvement of this feature to our Ideas Hub. We can not promise that your idea will be selected for implementation, but our Ideas Hub is the best place to communicate to our development teams about the features and improvements you would like to see within TeamViewer.

We thank you for your understanding, please let me know if we can help you any further. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• .Carol.fg.

Welcome @KNAP89 ,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community!

Only the device manager can add a description to the device, so if you want other users to add the description it's necessary to add them as device managers too.

You can add more managers by clicking the +Add (It's also visible if you right-click the device) ➜ Add managers

Let us know if it worked for you! 🍀

Best, Carol

• KNAP89
    KNAP89 Posts: 3

Hello @.Carol.fg. ,

Thank you for your message.

From my Tensor, I found the option that I need to tick to permit a user to add a description:

But any possibility to add this right to multiple user to an entire Device Groups for example ?

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer ✓

Hi @KNAP89 ,

Thanks for the additional details and for raising this question!

I verified internally with our support team, and at the moment, it is not possible to activate the Device Description Permissions feature via Group Policy - the feature is available only in the Device Properties which means that the activation of this feature must be done manually to each device.

You can add your request for improvement of this feature to our Ideas Hub. We can not promise that your idea will be selected for implementation, but our Ideas Hub is the best place to communicate to our development teams about the features and improvements you would like to see within TeamViewer.

We thank you for your understanding, please let me know if we can help you any further. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol