Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.53. See the Changelogs here.

[Windows] v15.49.3

Options
JenW
JenW Posts: 972 Moderator

Operating system: Windows

Version: 15.49.3

Release date: 2024-01-08

Bugfixes

• Fixed a bug which caused non-essential data to be requested from the backend.

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

Comments

• Aditza
    Aditza Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Options

system: HP Z240 Workstation, Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 with 2024-01 security updates, CPU Intel Core i7-7700. integrated GPU disabled in BIOS, latest BIOS update installed from HP, NVIDIA Quadro P600 GPU with 2 external TVs used as HDMI monitors, latest stable/production Quadro driver installed (537.99 currently) - not going to mess with the "new features" / beta test drivers.

TeamViewer: v15.49.3 x64 configured in LAN-Only /LAN exclusive mode...

For testing, i installed a different remote desktop solution based on a vnc server (not going to name the actual product, i know the forum rules here forbid mentioning other products by their name) - that one works normally when the monitors are turned off and "disconnected" as far as the Quadro GPU knows.

Problem:

-when at least one of the TVs (used as monitors) are turned on, TeamViewer works normally and will connect instantly

-when both TVs are turned off (from their remote control), the Quadro GPU does not detect any monitor attached anymore (normal behaviour so far for these TVs)... however, in this case TeamViewer gets stuck at "Initializing display parameters" and i need to connect through VNC and give it a few mouse clicks on the desktop before it can figure out there is no monitor connected and TeamViewer enabling the virtual fallback monitor.

For testing, once i let it sit at "initializing display parameters" for at least 15 minutes... and it did not enable the virtual fallback monitor to show the desktop until poked via the secondary VNC connection.

Even after manually uninstalling the "TeamViewer Virtual Monitor Adapter" Display Adapter from device manager, reinstalling TeamViewer and rebooting the system, the problem remains when connecting.

Past versions of TeamViewer also had some problems sometimes on this system when the monitors were turned off but on those versions at least it worked most of the times and only had issues for user account elevation (it showed a blank screen instead of the secure desktop) - force-refresh of the screen was needed and it was enough to change the "View Quality" setting between Auto and/or Optimize Quality and/or Optimize Speed... that usually got things going again.

• gonespeed
    gonespeed Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options

it seems Teamviewer does not care whoever cannot connect while monitor is off. I have been searching about this connection issues, none solution pops up from Teamviewer. I tried many many ways, still no luck, I have enough about this, just waste of time. Remote desktop should sell convenience, but the result is not. I have only 2 months business membership left, must move to other service provider.

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 528 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Aditza and @gonespeed

Thank you both for your messages.

We are so sorry for the inconvenience that the lack of connectivity to a PC with the monitor turned off could cause.

In this moment our developers are taking care of the issue.

We suggest keeping 📃TeamViewer updated so that as soon as the fix will be deployed your TeamViewer connection with monitor off will work properly again.

We appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day!

Valeria

Spanish Community Moderator

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español

• FinsUp
    FinsUp Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry to say that v15.50.5 didn't solve the problem for me. Still can't connect to the remote PC. This even happens when I'm talking to someone who is using the remote PC. They can see that I'm trying to connect, but I still am getting the "display parameters" message.