Wake-on-LAN disappeared

Options

I'm a PhD student and I'm away from home (in visiting) for the next five month and I'm absolutely desperate.

I had to use my personal desktop (in my flat at home) for my research project hence I have a lot of files there that I need to access. So far, I used wake-on-lan through TeamViewer with great success.

A couple of years ago, my strategy was to install TeamViewer IoT on a spare raspberry PI that I directly connected to my router at home (LAN and power) and to use it to wake up my desktop. So far it has worked perfectly, and I used this solution from everywhere in the world.

Today I tried to wake up my desktop but the wake-up button is disappeared both on the client and on the online management console. The raspberry is up and running and I successfully connected to it (even if I didn't logged in cause I cannot remember nor username nor password, which are probably on my desktop).

The problem here is that I have many research files, but more importantly personal documents, that I really really need to access (e.g. today I need my marriage certificate).

What happened to the WOL tool? How can I solve the problem? 

Tagged: