major bug affecting ios sound system

Options
SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 27 in Mobile

There seem to be a major bug in the ios version of Team Viewer that impact the ios sound system. If team viewer is opened in the background, the sound is not played properly on carplay, it sound distant, lower quality and not playing on all channel. I had a similar issue with playing music on the iphone built in speaker. And worse of all, if I happen to take a video on the camera app while the app is open somewhere in the background, the resulting video has no sound stream at all and the speaker icon is greyed out with a bar when trying to play it back. For month I had random video recorded randomly without any sound and loss several family moment I was trying to capture because there was no indication when this would happen. I even had to replace my phone because senior support at apple couldn't figure out the sound-less video. Today, I finally found that the culprit was Team Viewer and was able to consistently reproduce the issue. I saw someone posted about sound issue in 2023 and he never got a reply, now this is something major and should be addressed. I will be contacting apple again because this is seriously a big enough bug to temporarily delist the apps.

I am running Team Viewer ios v 15.50.1 but the bug has been going on for several version as I had already noticed the sound getting messed up on carplay months ago but never realized it was what was causing this terrible video without sound issue.

Comments

• Neoeny152
    Neoeny152 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I'm experiencing the same issue. Another thing that happens is you can't turn down the main volume all the way.

It seems like it is potentially an issue where teamviewer is accessing the mic in the background. I can't find a setting to disable that access.

My main concern is videos with no sound. I try to make it a habit to hard kill the teamviewer app so videos won't be recorded without sound but apparently I forgot and ended up with some audio-less videos again today.

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Crazy that nobody is addressing this. That’s the kind of bugs that should have an apps temporarily delisted from the apps store. It is so easy to reproduce, at this point they just seem to not care. I suggest peoples to files a report with Apple as they lost the time of several of their support peoples and a phone replacement because of this issue.

• Neoeny152
    Options

If I hadn't paid up I wouldn't be too upset, but I just paid up for a year. I agree, seems like something that should be addressed.

• Neoeny152
    Options

I've decided I just have to remove the app until this is addressed. I'm going on vacation soon and can't end up with audio-less videos.