Teamviewer iOS - 3D Touch to connect to partner XXXXXX failing to connect

Options
tv4life
tv4life Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited March 6 in Mobile

Hello,

I’m logged in inside my TeamViewer app account in my iPhone and can access the PCs that show inside a group I have called MY_GROUP, specifically one of the computers in the group there called MY_PC (let's say it's TeamViewer ID is [removed per Community Guidelines]- All names and ids are made up so just for illustration purposes) which I want to connect to using the TeamViewer iOS 3D Touch.

When I do a TeamViewer iOS 3D touch on the app icon:

I see: "Connect to partner [removed per Community Guidelines]"

When I click it, it takes me inside TeamViewer app, but sometimes it shows a message "Account Required Please sign in or create your free TeamViewer account now to connect" with options "Sign In" or "Create Account" - But why should it try to authenticate me if I’m already logged into the app? Or sometimes it would take me inside the app but wouldn't actually do anything. So it's a hit and miss, sometimes it does work, but it takes 3-5 attempts before it works so it's not really useable.

Could someone from the TeamViewer staff take a look at the issue please and see if they could fix it? I think the 3D touch "connect to partner" function should take into account the authentication state of the app so this issue doesn't happen.

Thank you.

Related issue or similar root cause: TeamViewer iOS - URL Scheme failing to connect to a pc in a group https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/134459/teamviewer-ios-url-scheme-failing-to-connect-to-a-pc-in-a-group

Comments

• tv4life
    tv4life Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited March 7
    Options

Hello,

I’m logged in inside my TeamViewer app account in my iPhone and can access the PCs that show inside a group I have called MY_GROUP, specifically one of the computers in the group there called MY_PC (let's say it's TeamViewer ID is  [removed per Community Guidelines] - All names and ids are made up so just for illustration purposes) which I want to connect to using the TeamViewer iOS URL Scheme.

I have the TeamViewer iOS URL Scheme which is:

tvcontrol1://control?device=

But how do I specify the group name and the pc name in it? What’s the expected format and parameters? It doesn’t seem to work when I try that.

I did find that it can try to do something if I supply it with a TeamViewer ID such as:

tvcontrol1://control?device= [removed per Community Guidelines]

When I run it, it takes me to the TeamViewer app, but it shows a message “Authentication failed” or sometimes it would prompt me with a dialog that’s asking for a password and when I type it it still says “Authentication failed” but why should it try to authenticate me if I’m already logged into the app?

Other remote desktop apps provide this capability and they work fine without these issues above.

Could someone from the TeamViewer staff take a look at the issue please and see if they could fix it? I think the TeamViewer iOS URL Scheme function should take into account the authentication state of the app so this issue doesn't happen.

Thank you.

Related issue or similar root cause: TeamViewer iOS - 3D Touch to "connect to partner XXXXX" failing to connect sometimes https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/134457/teamviewer-ios-3d-touch-to-connect-to-partner-xxxxx-failing-to-connect-sometimes