New admin, access to all computers and users?

Options
DarrenCox
DarrenCox Posts: 3 Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I've had a new member of staff start and I've created their account, but how can I make them see all the computers and users from the managed groups without having to add them to every device individually?

Thank in advance,

Darren.

Best Answer

• DarrenCox
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Valeria,

Even with the company administrator role they did not automatically get all the computers and contacts.

What i had to do was ensure there was a managed group with all the devices in and then edit the group to add the relevant manager to it, they then get all the devices.

Darren.

Answers

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 528 Moderator
    Options

Hello @DarrenCox,

Happy to have you in our Community for the first time.

To give a new member of your staff, the right permissions to see all the computers and users from the managed groups without having to add them to every device individually, you have to assign them the right role.

In the following link you will find how to create and assign a roll or set a role as predefined:

📃Roles.

We hope this information will help you in your task and if needed please don´t hesitate to contact us again.

Have a nice day,

Valeria

Spanish Community Moderator

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español

• DarrenCox
    Options

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for the direction, I'll check out the roles feature.

Darren.

• DarrenCox
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Valeria,

Even with the company administrator role they did not automatically get all the computers and contacts.

What i had to do was ensure there was a managed group with all the devices in and then edit the group to add the relevant manager to it, they then get all the devices.

Darren.