Does Teamviewer QS still support setting a fixed password?

Options
JWCT
JWCT Posts: 1

Is there still a way to save a password on a Teamviewer QS connection?

We have been using Teamviewer to support remote industrial equipment for many years. The customer equipment only connects to the internet when there is an issue. Recently, the password supplied is often already expired by the time I go to log in.

Looking through the support pages it shows the ability to do this with the Teamviewer QS builder on the website. Configuring this with a fixed password and downloading it only seemed to generate the session code method, rather than the user ID and password approach. This could work however, when attempting to log in it still hangs and waits for the customer to press "allow" on their machine before I can start work. The customer is often not sitting at the equipment when this request is made.

I've attempted to configure this using the user manager console online which did not work as hoped.

I see a way to do it with full versions of Teamviewer and a licensed log in however, it seems unwise to put my login info onto a customer piece of equipment.

I have lost days of labor and frustrating customers from the lack of easy remote support. Is this feature still available or am I trying to hard to make this continue to work?

Answers

• Kirthana
    Kirthana Posts: 12 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hello @JWCT ,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🥳

Please follow the below steps but it is not recommended:

Use a predefined password* 

As an alternative to a random password, you can assign a personal password to the QuickSupport module. However, this excludes the functions underneath the Use random password option.

💡Hint: Using the QuickSupport module with a password is not recommended. We recommend using the service case method by choosing "Automatically add users to a group in your Contacts list".

*Will only show if "Automatically add users to a group in your Contacts list" is unchecked

⚠Please see our Troubleshoot guide at the end of this article.

In Point 1, you need to untick the option to have the password option.

Point 2, select the drop-down to select the password character length to have random password.

OR

Point 3, To select your own predefined password.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

Thank you!

Regards,

Kirthana