"Partner isn't connected" But They Are

Options
kganz
kganz Posts: 1

I'm getting the "Either your partner isn't connected to the internet or your partner's TeamViewer isn't running yet." but they are connected. My coworkers sitting next to me in the same office and on the same network can connect to the "partner" fine, but I can't. They're running the same OS and everything as I am as well. Literally, everything is the same other than they can connect and I can't.

Also, I've encountered this issue on two different computers, but only for some "partners". I can connect to most "partners" just fine. Like many error messages in TeamViewer, this one is completely useless when not actually caused by an internet problem, so what are the real possible causes for this message?

For reference, I have a commercial account. I have also already tried a full uninstall and reinstall, and nothing changed. Though that was expected as I have encountered this issue on two different computers already. I suspect it's a possible account issue, but I have no idea what sort of account issue would cause this, or whether it's something I can even fix.