Questions about TeamViewer

Options
intellogo
intellogo Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 10 in General questions

Hello,

I'm a free user.

I was having a technical support remote session with a product company's technical support team about their installed software product on my computer.

The session got disconnected suddenly after some time of the ongoing conversation with the technician clarifying my queries. That moment the TeamViewer Full Client application also got auto disconnected on my laptop when the session got disconnected.

However, at that moment, the application was still open and signed-in, as I had signed-into the application before the remote technical support session.

Also, after the session was disconnected and even though I was still signed-into the application, it didn't seem to display any place in the application where the chat history / transcript of the session is available to view or download either.

So, I requested their customer service team to send me the chat transcript of the session and they let me know that they don't have the chat transcript on their end since it is generated by TeamViewer which belongs to a third-party vendor.

Q1.

So, being a free user for the above scenario, could someone please let me know how could I get the chat transcript of the chat session from TeamViewer?

Q2.

Does TeamViewer's back end team have access to the chat history which they could send to me via email?

I would like to keep a reference of it as it has technical support clarifications and directions from the tech team who remotely connected in the session

I was assuming TeamViewer would have the chats auto stored or displayed for reference after the session is disconnected.

I also tried calling TeamViewer's Support lines on phone and the automated IVR let me know that there's no option for free user support, but rather to visit this Community forum for resources.

So, I thought of posting my query here.

Comments

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @intellogo

Thanks for your post.

Regarding your first question, you say you have the full client installed. Is this the latest version? If so, the chat icon will be in the upper right corner of TeamViewer:

Regarding the second question about chat transcripts; TeamViewer does not have the capability to view nor provide chat transcripts in any method as, similar to TeamViewer Remote sessions, all TeamViewer chats are encrypted end-to-end.

I hope this helps! If you have any clarifications please do not hesitate to let us know.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• intellogo
    intellogo Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Josh for your reply and the clarifications!

Please close this thread.