A way to assign a Device Group to a User Role/User Group?

Options
Schiraz
Schiraz Posts: 1
edited April 8 in General questions

Hello! I created a role called "Helpdesk", added a group called the same name, assigned it the role, but I cannot find anywhere an option to let those users only see a specified group of devices. Is there a way to do it or is it not possible?

And is there a list of the permissions in the User Roles explained anywhere in detail? I have scoured the articles but all I found is how to CRUD the roles.

Best Answer

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 528 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Schiraz,

We are happy to have you in our Community for the first time.

Adding a group of users to a device group must be done in phases.

On one hand, the roles and the groups of users must be created which you have already done.

Then you have to 📃 create the device group and finally, you can 📃 add the users to the group.

Please click on the links above and follow the steps.

For your second question, regarding the permissions for the user roles, you can find an overview in the Management Console:

• Click on Role management option in the Company administration area
    • Select the + bottom
    • Finally, go into Permissions and you will find all the permissions available.

We hope this information will suit your requirements.

Please let us know in case you need further explanation regarding the permissions, we will gladly extend our support.

Best,

Valeria

Spanish Community Moderator

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español

Answers

• Valeria2
    Valeria2 Posts: 528 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Schiraz,

We are happy to have you in our Community for the first time.

Adding a group of users to a device group must be done in phases.

On one hand, the roles and the groups of users must be created which you have already done.

Then you have to 📃 create the device group and finally, you can 📃 add the users to the group.

Please click on the links above and follow the steps.

For your second question, regarding the permissions for the user roles, you can find an overview in the Management Console:

• Click on Role management option in the Company administration area
    • Select the + bottom
    • Finally, go into Permissions and you will find all the permissions available.

We hope this information will suit your requirements.

Please let us know in case you need further explanation regarding the permissions, we will gladly extend our support.

Best,

Valeria

Spanish Community Moderator

Moderadora de la Comunidad en Español