No longer showing teams call notification window

Options
JS1HUNDRED
JS1HUNDRED Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited April 12 in General questions

Its ironic that the app is called Teamviewer, because recently, it has stopped displaying the Microsoft Teams incoming call notification window in the bottom left corner, while I am remoted to my work laptop.

I need to know how to correct this problem, as I cant use Teamviewer anymore if I cant answer calls.

Best Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 977 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Bonjour @JS1HUNDRED,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

Thank you for sharing this use case with us. We have investigated internally with our teams and this is the current expected behavior with Teams notifications due to technical limitations.

The popup window from Teams is marked with a flag that makes it being excluded when the screen is grabbed. From our side, we can not do anything to make the Teams notifications visible while establishing a TeamViewer connection.

In any case, we have taken note of the situation and are keeping an eye out for any progress in this regard.

We apologize for the inconvenience cause and thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• sirrich
    sirrich Posts: 2 Newbie
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just a follow up on my issue. I ended up clearing the cache for microsoft teams. At some point I had tried out the new teams interface and that may have been when my pop-ups stopped working. I was having problems so I switchede back to classic teams. My fix was to clear the "new" teams cache and restart as classic teams. Now I can see the pop-up window

I don't know why TeamViewer could not display the teams pop-up because it showed up on the actual laptop but not in teamviewer. Anyways its back to working for me now. Cant post links but search "clear teams cache". It's on learn.microsoft.com

Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 977 Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Bonjour @JS1HUNDRED,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

Thank you for sharing this use case with us. We have investigated internally with our teams and this is the current expected behavior with Teams notifications due to technical limitations.

The popup window from Teams is marked with a flag that makes it being excluded when the screen is grabbed. From our side, we can not do anything to make the Teams notifications visible while establishing a TeamViewer connection.

In any case, we have taken note of the situation and are keeping an eye out for any progress in this regard.

We apologize for the inconvenience cause and thank you for your understanding.

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• JS1HUNDRED
    Options

If this is the case, then how do you explain that it has always displayed until recently?

Also, why would anyone use Teamviewer if it is going to just simply not show VERY important parts of the screen?

• JS1HUNDRED
    Options

The above follow up questions to this unresolved issues are still awaiting assistance, please.

• sirrich
    Options

I have the same experience. It was working fine and then sometime in the last couple months it stopped working. I can no longer answer Microsoft Teams calls because teamviewer does not display the pop up window.

• Neal_Gerhold55
    Neal_Gerhold55 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I recommend checking TeamViewer's settings and permissions to ensure that it has the necessary access to display notifications from Microsoft Teams

• JS1HUNDRED
    Options

Thanks, I appreciate your responses. I have been through all of the settings, and nothing appears to help.

• sirrich
    Answer ✓
    Options

Just a follow up on my issue. I ended up clearing the cache for microsoft teams. At some point I had tried out the new teams interface and that may have been when my pop-ups stopped working. I was having problems so I switchede back to classic teams. My fix was to clear the "new" teams cache and restart as classic teams. Now I can see the pop-up window

I don't know why TeamViewer could not display the teams pop-up because it showed up on the actual laptop but not in teamviewer. Anyways its back to working for me now. Cant post links but search "clear teams cache". It's on learn.microsoft.com

• JS1HUNDRED
    Options

Thanks sirrich. I have to use the new Teams because my team supports it. So if that is what the cause is, then i dont think im going to be able to get around this issue unless Teamviewer updates their app to display the popups.