remote reboot icon missing on top tab in verison 15.53.6

Options
Billrjoh
Billrjoh Posts: 4 โœญโœญ

How do we get the remote reboot icon on the tab bar? Its been replaced with turn on black screen icon.

Best Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,083 Moderator โ˜‘
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing attention to this topic!

I checked internally with the designated teams and they confirmed to me that the reboot button has been replaced with the black screen button.

You can still access the reboot functionality by clicking on Action โžœ Remote Reboot

The black screen icon in the toolbar makes it easier for our users to visualize if the feature is turned on or not.ย 

We thank you for your valuable feedback and we appreciate your understanding about this change.

Let us know if we can clarify any further questions. ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Hi @Billrjoh ,

We thank you for your honest feedback and we're sorry to hear about your negative experience with the new layout.

We would like to invite you to post in our Ideas Hub the changes you would like to see to improve TeamViewer. We cannot guarantee that your idea will be implemented by the designated teams, but it's the best way to communicate to our developers the changes you're interested in seeing.

We thank you for your understanding, let us know if we can help clarify any further questions.

Best, Carol

Answers

• fthiele96
    fthiele96 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I have the same problem: After starting Windows the TeamViewer icon didn't show up in the system tray, but the "TeamViewer_Service.exe" is still running in the background. Uninstall and Reinstall of TeamViewer (Version 15.53.6) didn't work. The Button "Start TeamViewer with Windows" is enabled in the settings.

• jd812
    jd812 Posts: 1 โœญ
    Options

Same question...remote reboot is probably the most used icon for me, please either put it back, or even better would be to give me an option to customize which icons I want to be there.

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing attention to this topic!

I checked internally with the designated teams and they confirmed to me that the reboot button has been replaced with the black screen button.

You can still access the reboot functionality by clicking on Action โžœ Remote Reboot

The black screen icon in the toolbar makes it easier for our users to visualize if the feature is turned on or not.ย 

We thank you for your valuable feedback and we appreciate your understanding about this change.

Let us know if we can clarify any further questions. ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ

Best, Carol

• Billrjoh
    Options

This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE! have to do 3 extra clicks to get to the reboot button. As Admins we use the reboot option many times a day when updating users PC. Please add the reboot ICON back. There is plenty of room to have both.

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer โœ“
    Options

Hi @Billrjoh ,

We thank you for your honest feedback and we're sorry to hear about your negative experience with the new layout.

We would like to invite you to post in our Ideas Hub the changes you would like to see to improve TeamViewer. We cannot guarantee that your idea will be implemented by the designated teams, but it's the best way to communicate to our developers the changes you're interested in seeing.

We thank you for your understanding, let us know if we can help clarify any further questions.

Best, Carol

• Billrjoh
    Options

WE will NOT be renewing our Licenses for teamviewer due to this misguided change.

• Ebecpc
    Ebecpc Posts: 6 โœญโœญ
    Options

what fool thought removing reboot which i use in almost every session decided to remove it and replace it with something I've NEVER used since 1st buying teamveiwer 8.5 beta with blackscreen and i do mean i've never ever used it , but reboot you use in almost every season to repeat this basic fact

I've used TeamViewer since 8.5 Beta, never had problems until version 15 onwards,

Someone please sack the dev team before they totally break TeamViewer

• Ebecpc
    Options

i requested customization via the idea's hub since the insane changes in the last year but they seem to go against it if you suggest it

I've used TeamViewer since 8.5 Beta, never had problems until version 15 onwards,

• Ebecpc
    edited May 2
    Options

I've had to spend the day using the website client

which is slower depending on 3rdy party add ons unless you disable them inc Secuity ones but even then, it's still slower over the faster standalone window version,

This seems due to someone that, doesn't seem to use TeamViewer daily for work in your dev team.

I honestly can't think why they seemed to think putting the most useless button in the place of the most used reboot button

it honestly makes no sense, rhyme, or reason for it, other than upset your user base

i wonder if someone from the dev team can answer the reason they ,thought it was a clever idea and not leave it to some poor admin in this forum to answer as its unfair to them

• JanneL
    JanneL Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Using the reboot button several times daily. Having to do it through the menus is just an extra waste of time. Release an update with the button back in its place or I will strongly suggest my company to move to another remote support tool when the license expires.

• maisondasilva
    maisondasilva Posts: 19 โœญโœญ
    edited May 2
    Options

@.Carol.fg. I would like the button reboot to return, as I use it more than the button black screen option