Duplicate contacts in TeamViewer

Options
Rommortal
Rommortal Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello, I am having trouble identifying duplicate devices in TeamViewer.

I know there has never been a proper solution provided by TV, but I used to go to Management Console, Company Administrator, Managed devices, download CSV, then i'd simply look at duplicate entries in an excel sheet and manually remove them.

However..... this now only shows the TeamViewer ID, which is not helpful as these are all unique, and so does nothing to help find a device which was added multiple times. Can it now show Computer/contact name and ID in this list? I see no reason why this shouldn't be possible.

If there are other features now available to help with this, please let me know, otherwise please help us manage our devices and ensure we are not hitting licensed device limit needlessly.

Best Answer

• Solutions4
    Solutions4 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited May 1 Answer ✓
    Options

If you're referring to the "new interface" go to the following link TeamViewer Management Console (login.teamviewer.com/nav/device-update-status) and sort by Migration status. Here you can see your duplicates. They should not exist but they do as I believe it is an issue with migration.

Answers

• Solutions4
    Solutions4 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited May 1 Answer ✓
    Options

If you're referring to the "new interface" go to the following link TeamViewer Management Console (login.teamviewer.com/nav/device-update-status) and sort by Migration status. Here you can see your duplicates. They should not exist but they do as I believe it is an issue with migration.

• Rommortal
    Rommortal Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Solutions4, that's exactly what i'm looking for thank you, wish i'd clicked around a little more now! Sometimes we have duplicates exist when devices are rebuilt and the previous contact was not removed, so this will be useful for occasional review to ensure any haven't been missed. Thanks again.