Some help to understand licensing.

Options
2kpandey
2kpandey Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 3 in Licensing

Hi! I purchased the single user remote access license with the following understanding.

3 managed devices which you own
3 devices which you'll connect to

Now, I need to manage my 2 computers, and 2 computers of my employees. Read hundreds of pages of text in the forum and guides by teamviewer, still unable to manage doing that. My personal computers are connected but my employees computer I can't connect to. Infact my teamviewer doesn't even have a remote control icon on it which I'm seeing on my other articles. What's going wrong or what am I doing wrong? Even my free version of teamviewer had way better functionality than this. I feel like I was scammed by the Teamviewer team into purchasing a license that just doesn't work.

When I try to connect to my employee's computer, it says "A remote access connection can only be established to a licensed computer".

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,156 Moderator
    Options

Hi @2kpandey ,
    Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community!

The Remote Access license is for a single user - only one account manages the devices.
    To manage multiple employees/users, the Company Profile feature is necessary.

You can read more about TeamViewer licenses in our article: 📄Licenses overview
    For the Remote Access license device management please check: 📄Activate and set up your Remote Access license

If you're interested in upgrading your plan to a license that has multiuser management, we advise contacting our sales team directly.

I hope this information can help you!
    Let me know if we can assist you any further.
    Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

• 2kpandey
    2kpandey Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi! Thanks so much for your response. We are a small organization of just 3 people and I just single handedly need to extend support to my other two team members. I don't want a mesh network . Why should I need to purchase such an expensive license for that when the basic one claims to do just that?

Also, from the licenses overview page, the Business plan says, 3 managed devices and 200 devices to connect to (endpoints). How does that apply to my usecase wherein I want to connect to either one of my own computers (unattended). or to the computers of either of my employees (unattended)

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,156 Moderator
    Options

Hi @2kpandey ,
    Thanks for your reply!

Please note that our Business license is also a single-user license.
    We encourage you to contact our sales team directly to discuss which license would best suit the needs of your company - we are unable to provide such assistance in the Community. You can reach out to them by phone or by submitting a sales inquiry here.

Share with us how it goes, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
    Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator