Issues with Remote Control Performance in TeamViewer

Hello everyone,
I’m experiencing some performance issues while using TeamViewer for remote control. The connection lags occasionally, and there’s a noticeable delay in response, especially when trying to access files or run software remotely. My internet connection is stable, and I’ve tried different devices, but the problem persists.
Does anyone have suggestions for optimizing TeamViewer's performance or resolving these lag issues? Any advice or settings that might help improve the connection would be appreciated!
Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• TVSupportMatt
    TVSupportMatt Posts: 89 Staff member 🤠

Hello @alyxbond

Welcome to our Community and thank you for your first post! 🌏️

Make sure the operating system is fully up to date for the devices, and then make sure the application is up to date as well. I noticed you tagged TeamViewer version 12, and we highly recommend updating to the latest, which is 15.55.3. You want to make sure this is the case for both ends of the connection.

To check for any updates with the TeamViewer application you will want to go to the system tray in the bottom right corner near the date/time and click the up arrow > locate the TeamViewer logo > right click on the logo > check for new version. If the app is already up to date, do the same steps, but instead of clicking "check for new version" click "Exit TeamViewer".

Wait a minute, then reopen the application, ensure you are signed in and then test. 

If you find the issue persists, I suggest doing the next steps. 

Disable IPv6. Instructions are outlined in the article pasted below. 

Fix connectivity issues - Partner did not connect to router (teamviewer.com) 

Disable UDP and hardware acceleration. Then optimize your connections to speed.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further help. 👍️