No connection to TeamViewer Server - Please check your internet connection
I'm using TeamViewer v12 on windows since a long time and have no problem with it until this morning. 2 stations : one desktop at home and one laptop at my company. I use my laptop at work to connect on my desktop at home.
NOTE : Yesterday I probably messed up with another program : Proxifier. It had probably messed up windows socks but TeamViewer seems not to have any trouble to connect at that moment so it may not be related but I think it worth mentionning.
This morning after a fresh reboot TeamViewer can't connect to master server. (TV v12 on laptop works perfectly fine)
The log file contains some strange lines
2017/09/27 22:06:53.814 13544 13516 0 Logger started.
2017/09/27 22:06:53.856 13544 13516 0!! LocalIPAddresses: getaddrinfo failed with socket error 11001, Errorcode=1008
2017/09/27 22:06:53.856 13544 13516 0! AsioSettings::FindExternalIP: found 0 external IPs instead of 1!
2017/09/27 22:06:53.858 13544 13516 0 UpdateOnlineState newOnlineValue 1
2017/09/27 22:06:53.858 13544 13516 0!! LocalIPAddresses: getaddrinfo failed with socket error 11001, Errorcode=1008
2017/09/27 22:06:57.401 13544 14080 S0!!!CTcpConnectionBase::HandleResolve(): Resolve failed, ping3.teamviewer.com, Error: system:11001
2017/09/27 22:06:57.401 13544 14992 S0 Activating Router carrier
2017/09/27 22:06:57.416 13544 14992 S0!! HttpRequestImpl::CurlFinished(): curl request failed: Couldn't resolve host name (6), Could not resolve host: ping3.teamviewer.com
2017/09/27 22:06:57.416 13544 14992 S0!! Port443Connection::ConnectInternal: failed with HTTP status code = 0
2017/09/27 22:06:57.416 13544 13496 S0!! NetWatchdog: Port 443 proxy search failed! No working setting found.
2017/09/27 22:06:57.416 13544 13496 S0 Activating Router carrier
2017/09/27 22:06:57.432 13544 14992 S0!! HttpRequestImpl::CurlFinished(): curl request failed: Couldn't resolve host name (6), Could not resolve host: ping3.teamviewer.com
2017/09/27 22:06:57.432 13544 13496 S0!! NetWatchdog: Port 80 proxy search failed! No working setting found.
as you can see, it seems that TeamViewer can't resolve any address therefor can't connect to master server. Oh, and only TeamViewer seems to have trouble to Internetaccess. I have no problem with every other programs.
So after some search on Internet I found some hints on what to look and what to do and on this forum I had numerous possible solution. So here are my attempt to fix it :
- I've tried to stop service and start again => No connection either
- I've tried a fresh install, and even with a previous version (from July) => No connection
- I've tried to disable IPv6 to force IPv4 DNS resolve without success
- I've change my ISP DNS by Google's one - 126.96.36.199 and even with independant French DNS to test it => No connection
- Because I can in console ping everything, I've tried to put IP of ping3 / master1-2-3-etc/ directly in etc/hosts to force resolving locally => Still no connection
- I've tried to flush socks with netsh winsock reset in console => still no connection
- I've tried to patch Windows.NET with some patch recommanded on forums => still no connection
So i'm little out of option here... Do you have any idea of what can I do to fix that ?