Buddy List

I tried to add a new computer to the Teamviewer Management Console and I get the message "this buddy is already in your buddy list" so I cannot add that computer.  I removed Teamviewer completly, rebooted the PC and re-installed Version 12.  And I end up right where I started.   This is the thirs location that says a PC is on the Buddy List.  Very annoying.  Please provide me a resolution.   Thank you.  

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi tech2,

Thanks for posting.

A device can only be in a users list once. So this error means that either the device is already in your contacts list.

The other possible scenario is that you are trying to add this device to a shared group that is owned by someone else (White Cloud next to the group). This device is already somewhere else in THEIR contacts list so you cannot add it to their shared group.

Try:
    a) typing the ID into the search box and see if the device comes up.
    b) Try adding the device to a group you own and see if that works.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • tech2
    tech2 Posts: 2

Scotty,

Thanks for replying.  Unfortunately, those suggestions did not fix the issue.  On the other end, this computer is assigned to my account but it shows as Trial Version which expired...  I don't how it thinks I'm under a trial version.  See attached picture.  Thank you

true.png

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi tech2,

The "Free" showing is expected behaviour as assigning a device to yourself does not licence the device. However this is a different issue from the original thread.

If the system is saying it is already in your buddy list, this must be caused by one of the above scenarios.

In this case as you have a license and multiple issues, I would reccomend you contact our support team.
    https://www.teamviewer.com/support/
    https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • I have to agree Team viewer continually uses terms that do not match any terms or names listed in the software. It is much like trying to talk eskimo to a giraffe and seeing what comes of it.

• MattSimpson
    MattSimpson Posts: 1

I know this is an old thread, but a search still sends me here and I'm having this issue in 2021. Anyone ever get a fix for this?

I also cannot find any other mention of buddies or buddy lists in the console

• NickJames
    NickJames Posts: 1

We were recently getting the "buddy is already in your buddy list" message when trying to add a computer to a group, but I could not find the computer when searching the ID from my account.

After a bit of investigation it turned out that the computer had been added to a group called 'Unknown' (which I believe happened automatically via the client application 'Account Assignment' process). The search for that computer ID would only work from our master admin account (presumably because my account did not have access to the Unknown group).