User Groups with custmaccess

SwissPower
SwissPower Posts: 1
edited January 2023 in General questions

We have the requirement that not all users in our company profile should have access to all computers. I would make user groups and then add to this groups the computers that they can use. Additionally I would be able to activate or deactivate the access from each group to the computers.

**Third Party Product** has this functionality. I wish this for TeamViewer also.

Best Answer

Answers

• rbullrich
    rbullrich Posts: 2
    HI, Katharina!
    I would like to klnow if it's possible to share an individual PC with a user, the same way you would share a grouo?
    You see, in our setup, I have some 60 users (Franchisers) that need o access only the computers of their own franchise so to use group share I would need to create a lot of groups with only one computer in them.
    Thanks,
    Rafael Bullrich
    [personal information removed]

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]

Hi rbullrich, 

Thank you for your post!

It is unfortunately not possible at present to share individual computers. The only way of accomplishing this would be to create a group with only one PC in it, just like you mentioned. 

I agree that such a feature could be handy to many users, which is why I have forwarded it to our product management. You are also welcome to post your request on our "Ideas" board. That way, other Community members can vote on it as well. 

Thank you for your suggestion and have a good weekend!

All the best,

Katharina

• This would be very helpful. For example, we have a computer that is shared between two teams. I'd rather not create a separate group for the one computer but rather just give individual access to that one.

Also, if computers could be part of multile groups, that would accomplish the same thing.

• wo365
    wo365 Posts: 12 ✭✭

If you give a user access to a specific group, the user still can create other groups.

is there a possiblity to limit this ?