[Update] TeamViewer 13

13»

Comments

• fober
    fober Posts: 1

I had same problems when I connect from linux to an Windows and from there over Putty to a Linux. You can't work in VIM-Editor without frustration.

When I connect from Linux to another Linux all seems to be OK. 

The idea of a native client for Linux is great. When described problem is solved I will be happy ;-)

Thanks and bye

• Perfect Work! But the toolbar was missing when I m tring to remote control my windows PC.

Thanks TeamViewer development team!!

• Thanks for a native client for Linux! This is fantastic! I love it! I know that this is like a pre-alpha, because there are missing features, but I prefer a native client than using a Wine version. Now, I have only one question on this preliminar version, is there any way to connect to a second screen from the remote computer? Thanks.

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

Dear @sflkj21, @reb0rn, @Lamagra, @lyubomirv, @JustACommonUser, @marmo, @ndit, @Chrissss, @andrearvs, @exactt,

we have an update for you.
    Toolbar, Ctrl+Alt+Del, switch screens, non-installed TAR, lower dependencies, etc.
    Please have a look: [Update: 13.0.6634] Christmas Update

Linux Developer
  • DanielStm

Dear @Dusan, @Skyr, @beast-usa, @krisives, @led, @SamH_SUQLD, @thewho, @fufnf, @wfsg00098, @jesusvpct

we have an update for you.
    Toolbar, Ctrl+Alt+Del, switch screens, non-installed TAR, lower dependencies, etc.
    Please have a look: [Update: 13.0.6634] Christmas Update

All the best,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • DanielStm

Dear @Ballisto, I hope this qualifies for the Christmas present you asked for.
    I know it's still not complete, but time was short. January update will have more.
    [Update: 13.0.6634] Christmas Update

All the best,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • Hey @DanielStm,

Yes it does! It has everything I was hoping for. I'm very happy.

Thank you for the update and for the good communication.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Phil

• Whether the single-window interface is planned?

TeamViewer-13-free-download-for-Windows-10_thumb

• I'm sorry but I'm not understanding the difference between outgoing remote control and ingoing remote control you mention in the article. Many thanks

• beast-usa
    beast-usa Posts: 80 ✭✭

Thank you :)

Getting better but I really need file upload :( So I'm still doing VM Winblows :(

Any time frame on when we may get these?
    1. File upload
    2. Computers not all looking like they are online.
    (They are all lit up like they are all online)

Thank you very much for all the hard work you guys put into Linux! Since so many others just don't support it!

• DanielStm

@nihi1ist: not a priority right now, I don't expect it for this year.

@horizonbrave: Outgoing means you initiate it. You see someone elses screen or you start a filetransfer to somebody else.

@beast-usa: There you have it: [Update: 13.0.9865] File Transfer & Chat

Best regards,

Daniel

Linux Developer
  • schedevip
    schedevip Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi!

I think the native TV13 for Linux i great!

The features are enough for me. And I only have had small issues with stability.

I hope to be able to skip my windows desktop in the near future.

Thank You for Your good work!

Best regards,

Peter

• rosch
    rosch Posts: 6

Hi there,

whan can we expect a full version instead of the preview?

So far I mostly miss the full-screen. Yes you can maximise, but tv preview doesn't use the full screen as it used to, or as the Windows version.

• beast-usa

@DanielStm
    THANK YOU "File Transfer" and offline showing as offline! LOL
    Add the tabs in and we are perfect!

• beast-usa

I couldn't get the file transfer to work :( It kept saying already connected, then I disconnected, couldn't reconnect, shut it down in LInux, started Winblows VM, started Teamviewer, tried to connect and I'm getting this. OMG I need to start work at 10PM and I can't connect!
    broken-teamviewer.jpg
    I get three installs and all THREE are on this computer. One Linux, one Winblows VM in Linux, One on dual boot winblows 8! THERE is no way for me to be logged in twice! Unless I had it running in LInux & Winblows VM. So I restarted and booted to Winblows 8 (different drive), LINUX & Winblows VM ARE SHUT DOWN???

My people are going to be PO'ed I have been trying since 9:30 it's now 10:06. :( 

• beast-usa

Well never got the Winblows TV to work, shut down back to Linux. It let me open the computers, but when I right click select transfer file a box pops up "there is already a connection would you like to connect again" Well I kept closing that box!

So to get file transfer to work for me as I login to everyone's computer, open the folder I use on their system FIRST. I do that then right click transfer files and say yes to connect again.

I only got three calls at 10:15 asking what's UP? But now I'm starting almost an hour late and I lose an hour tonight. :(

AND PLEASE FIX THE STUPID AUTHORIZE THIS COMPUTER ON THE SIGN-IN. I clear my browser every time it closes! Then I need to re-authorize ever time I login here. SUCH A PAIN I guess if you never clear your browser it's not a problem. But if you don't you are a crazy person! LOL

• Pierre_L
    Pierre_L Posts: 2

hi, 

we understand why the toolbar is missing, and also would be happy when it's available. Because the survey isn't available anymore, please take my vote into account... need the toolbar soon !

Thx

• DanielStm

New update is available: [Update: 13.1.3026] Spring Update

Please add comments on the latest release in the respective article.

@schedevip: Thanks, you're welcome :robotvery-happy:

@rosch: I hope we can have fullscreen with the next update and drop the preview soon thereafter.

@beast-usa: I possibly could not follow your description exactly, but some colleagues hinted in the direction that your connection count was limited as a result of the wrong license being in use (activated on the device, aditionally to the account). I'm not an expert on licensing, so if you continue to have that problem, please contact support directly.
    However, as filetransfer is now also available in the toolbar, it is not a separate connection if used from there.

@Pierre_L: I'm wondering if you possibly missed the last three updates:
    [Update: 13.0.6634] Christmas Update
    [Update: 13.0.9865] File Transfer & Chat
    [Update: 13.1.3026] Spring Update

Please add comments on the latest release in the respective article.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • Pierre_L
    Pierre_L Posts: 2

well, I've setup "deb http://linux.teamviewer.com/deb stable main" as the PPA and currently running TV 13 version:  13.0.9865

• beast-usa

I did have two licenses when you needed one for each computer. In my case one for Linux & one for Winblows. Now it is just one license I have been using it for awhile. But I haven't had that problem since then. ALL my logins are on one computer Primary Linux, VM Windblows in Linux, different drives, seperate boot Winblows 8. But now I make sure to wait about 10 minutes between switching.

Other then that major glitch all is good would like to have that tabbed browsing :) LOL but just having upload files saves my life!

Thank you!

• I had same issue. I fixed. Thank you for your help :heart: :heart:

• I had same issue. I fixed. Thank you for your help.

• romigupta
    romigupta Posts: 1

You also try to understand us, because without this options version x13 is useless. So if any of our client will update host to version 13 we'll not be able to give them support from linux stations. Of course you did great job with new version without wine but until linux version will not be ready you shoutld't announced new windows version as final ok