Weird shaking issue

RoadHazard
RoadHazard Posts: 3 ✭✭

Using Linux Mint 18.3. I installed the latest version of TeamViewer on my Windows and Linux boxes.

When I remote into my Linux box from Windows, I get this weird screen shaking issues. Like all the pixels vibrate back and borth non-stop. When I reverse this and go from that Linux box to Windows, no problem.

I tried adjusting the display from auto to quality/speed and makes no difference. Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

My Mint loving colleague said this is a long standing problem, seems to be a driver issue.
    You might be able to get rid of it by using a different driver, or staring the desktop in software rendering/compatibility mode, or by using a different graphics adapter.

Linux Developer
  • RoadHazard
    RoadHazard Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks for writing back! I'm using the default gfx card built into my motherboard, Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5, which uses Intel HD Grpahics.

I'll try tossing in a new video card or running Cinnamon in software mode. Since this is just a Plex server, I don't really have need for accelerated graphics. I was just going to set it up headless but using the GUI for doing certain things is a bit faster/easier than the command line.

Thanks