TeamViewer 13 not working with Ubuntu?

Recently I installed Ubuntu on a new partition along side my Windows 10 partition. I worked with TV13 on my Windows partition and it works fine. Now I installed TV13 on my Ubuntu partition, but it won connect. I have an Android TV Box with TV13 installed and working fine (if Windows connects to it), but when I try to connect to it with Ubuntu it asks for a password. I know for sure I haven't set a password for this connection. I've tried using my TV-masterpassword, but this isn't the one. When I open Management Console and enter a password for the connection to my Android TV Box, TV won ask me for a password anymore and just sais the authentication is failed. I have no idea what to do to get this working. When I boot into Windows, everything still works fine, but then I boot into Ubuntu and it doens;t work. Please help!!!

Kind regards
Atos

Comments

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

Stored passwords and easy access are not supported in this initial release. You need to know the password of the other side.
    We will have an update soon.

Linux Developer
  • Atos
    Atos Posts: 2

You mean the password on the Android TV Box? But I don think that device even has a password.

• DanielStm

You are right, sorry about that. We are working on the update to fix this!

Linux Developer
  • bsim
    bsim Posts: 2

I have the same issue too.

TV12 works well for both Windows PC and Android.
    TV13 works only for Windows PC, but not for Android.

It will show as connected, but no further window opens for conneting to the android tablet.

• DanielStm

@bsim sorry, that fix was only about prompting for confirmation / access. As this is Android, it also needs "mobile device support" (iOS, Android) - did not think about that...
    As we are currently working on file transfer and chat, MDS will most likely not be in the upcoming update, but hopefully end of February or mid of March.

Linux Developer
  • bsim
    bsim Posts: 2

Hi DanielStm - thanks for informing! Not an issue, I'm just using the previous version as it works for mobile devices too. Hey thanks for all your help! Much appreciated