A Comunidade TeamViewer chega ao Brasil 🎉
Check out our brand-new Portuguese Community 👉 here 👈.
Wake on LAN not working remotely
Needing assistance with using the Wake on LAN feature. Here is what I've done so far.
- Client PC is running Teamviewer 13 on Windows 10.
- I have configured Wake on LAN in Teamviewer via public IP address through port 5500
- My desktop is hard wired directly to my router.
- Statically configured my router to assign 192.168.0.2 to my desktop's MAC address.
- Statically assigned that private IP 192.168.0.2 to my desktop NIC.
- Configured router to port forward any traffic on port 5500 to 192.168.0.2.
- Confirmed internet connectivity is working after static IP assignments and port forwarding.
- Created a windows firewall exception on port 5500 to allow traffic for both TCP and UDP.
I tested this feature while still at home using the Teamviewer app on iOS. I put my PC to sleep, and was able to wake it while connected to the same wireless network with my phone, as well as when disconnected from wi-fi and using the app over LTE. As soon as I arrived at work, I tested it again from both my phone, and my workstation, and now neither are working. I work for the ISP and can confirm my public IP address assigned to my router did not change. Any ideas?