Cannot connect to Teamviewer server

serjaime
serjaime Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

At random, I can sometimes connect and sometimes not. The strange thing is that I see the Server connected online and when I try to connect it disconnects and connects continually, showing the message "Connection not established - Authentication canceled". So that sometimes it works for me, I have to connect by remote desktop to this Server and then I can connect by TW without problems.

[log files removed by moderator]

Tagged:

Comments

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi serjaime,

Thanks for posting.

This is most likely because you are connecting to a "User ID" rather than the "Server ID" for a windows server.

TeamViewer assigned the server an ID, then each RDP user a different ID. IF you are connecting to a user ID and the RDP session is not active, Windows will not generate a display so you will only see black.

If you want to connect without the RDP session active, you need to use the Server ID (Found Under "About TeamViewer".

Please see our article on TeamViewer on Windows Servers and Black Screen

I hope this answers your question!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • serjaime

Hello
    I use the "Server Id", This did not happen before but with the last update it is continuous.
    B.R.

• Scotty

Is the server headless?

The fact that you can connect fine when you are connected with RDP seriously makes me think this is a "no display output" problem.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • serjaime

Hello,

I got a message from Support by ticket nº #4063268 saying :

We got some news from our developers that this is unfortunately a known problem in the current version. Our developers are working on this matter.
    We will contact you as soon as we receive further information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
    -------

So it's not a problem originated in my infrastructure but It's a Teamviewer error on version 13.1.3629. I hope they can fixed asap but I am not optimistic becuase this versión was realease on 03/04/2018 .....

B.R. Jaime

• Scotty
    Ok. I am not in the office at the moment, but I will post an update as soon as I can pull more information from your ticket.

Is it server 2008 and did you get a resolution?

-Scotty
    Senior Moderator
  • Luke1
    Luke1 Posts: 1

Hi Scotty,

I have the same problem with our Windows Server 2012. We are using them as a Terminalserver.

Maybe you found a solution?

best regards

Luke

• serjaime

Hello,

I got a message few day later according the ticket nº #4063268 saying :

Thank you for your patience.

We made a change on our side – the connection problem should now be fixed.
    We apologize for the inconveniences.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards
    Julia Weigelt
    Support Engineer

------------------------------

Thank you for getting back to us.

We got some news from our developers that this is unfortunately a known problem in the current version. Our developers are working on this matter.
    We will contact you as soon as we receive further information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards

Julia Weigelt
    Support Engineer

Fyi : Practly she fixed all my problems. I suggest open a ticket with Tw Support Directly.