Cannot open teamviewer 13, Windows cannot find 'C:Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe'

needabreak
needabreak Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have downloaded, installed and uninstalled multiple times even with antivirus uninstalled, but after installation you cannot open teamviewer 13.  Always the same error.  Does not matter if you open using desktop icon or going to the x86 teamviewer exe file itself.  I am using windows 10.  Below is the same message i get each time.

Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Teamviewer.exe

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe'.  Make sure you typed the name correctlly, and then try again.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Go to: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

delete the key labeled "teamviewer.exe"

Ciobanu
  • I am not computer savey.  Can you please tell me step by step on windows 10 how to carry out your instruction?  I tried a search and chose drive C but it did not find a match.  

Go to: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

delete the key labeled "teamviewer.exe"

• Thank you.  That worked.  When I clicked on teamviewer.exe key, it showed in a box to the top right about an Avast file, maybe Avast is blocking or put in a virus status. After i deleted the teamviewer exe key, i was able to open team viewer with no issue.  However within a min this popup appeared.   So I am wondering what to do to prevent avast from messing with teamviewer.  If i click the button on popup that says more options, it has a dropdown with the only choice of ""exception".  Should I choose that?   Is 7.hta any threat to my computer?Screen shot of Avast popup noticeScreen shot of Avast popup notice

• Thanks for this! I had a side by side error, which required me to install Visual C++ Runtime Installer (All-In-One). This then gave me the new error that it couldn't find teamviewer.exe... even when I went directly to the folder and clicked on it. I just about threw something at my computer but saw this recommendation. It worked. Much appreciated. 

Might want to add the side by side error fix to your knowledgebase. Tech support was not able to help me with that.