Teamviewer.exe becomes corrupted at multiple machines

Hi,

We are experiencing a problem with our installations. We use TV to control multiple machines remotely. We install for unattended use. But recently we experience that the executable becomes corrupted. Even when the drives have been protected using EWF. It seems to point to TV itself. Can someone help us with this?

Comments

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi scanacar,

Can you please give me some more information? What exactly happens and do you receive error messages? Are there any screenshots which you can provide?

Cheers,

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • There are no messages we receive. The only thing we notice is that teamviewer service will not start any more. When we look in the directory the executable files are corrupted. please see the attached imageUntitled.png

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi scanacar,

Please uninstall TeamViewer - after that delete the following folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer      C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\TeamViewer

Also detele the following folder in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\\TeamViewer for 32 bit 

OR

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer for 64 bit

After that please try to install TeamViewer again.

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Hi Julia,

I will do this but can you please explain to me what this would help? It sounds like a general instruction like 'try to reboot your computer'. Knowing why will help us to decide if we have to do this on all machines we have in the field.

Because EWF is enabled it should not be possible to write to the C drive. If for what ever reason the teamviewer process is trying to write to its own executable then I can imagine something goes wrong. Could this be the case?

• Hi Lisa,

I did what you asked for.

How would we test if this resolved the issue?

And I also see that Teamviewer logs on the c drive. Can I change this so that the logging is done on the D drive?