Clandestine remote-viewing

hi I am spying on my kids' computer usage; is there a way to log in to his computer via TeamViewer without alerting him if he's looking at the screen?

Comments

• Hello,

The closest thing would be to automatically minimize the local teamviewer panel but the teamviewer panel activates every time you connect. So you can test it if you would like and see what that looks like but that would be my best suggestion because you can't remove the panel.

Hope that helps!

Sirius Dark
  • Andre75
    Andre75 Posts: 73 ✭✭

@leefung wrote:

hi I am spying on my kids' computer usage; is there a way to log in to his computer via TeamViewer without alerting him if he's looking at the screen?

@leefung

If there was a way to spy on your kid in his unknowlingly, that would mean anyone else !

Would you really like to be the one who could be spied on ?

I hope that "Big Brother" is not yet your (ours) guest !... But I realize that this risk is not minor when I read that "he" has still some disciples !

The best way for not having to spy a kid  is to provide him a right education ! (when you "feel" that a kid "needs" to be spied on, that means the parent thinks having himself some reason to be too).

(* Is Mao still alive ?)

• hahal ; well said; George Orwell 1984!!!

Mao is dead.

But we wanted to protect out kids, don't we?

• Andre75

@leefung wrote:

hahal ; well said; George Orwell 1984!!!

Mao is dead.

@leefung

Hi !

Of course we want to. That's even our parent's duty and I had to do it too... and still now with my granddaughters.

But, to spy on them is not to protect. It's one of the worst way to destroy them. Sooner or later, they will know it, then they will  no longer trust you.... and nobody else, as you were their model, and you disappointed them by destroying their model !...
    I think that we have to be close to them and teach them the countless traps of the Internet, step by step.... Like you stay always close to them when you teach them swimming, or to ride a bicycle. 
    And, if we can't be always beside them but still want to know "that they use it with no difficulties" (it's not exactly the same as to "spy on"), never do it without their knowledege.
    We better to let them know that we can see (not watch) and share this assistance remote with them. But always keep in mind that our kids need also their own space of freedom and own way of thinking and discovering life... as same as ourselves.
    However, when the kids know that you help and share with them, they'll be more confident, and feeling happy that you concern about them. That means you love them and trust them as much as they trust you.

(* As you know George Orwell's anticipation novel, maybe you know too Alexander Sutherland Neill ?... If you didn't yet, may I advise you to read "Summerhill School" ("Libres enfants de Summerhill"; something like "Free kids of Summerhill") ?
    And also Khalil Gibran poems : "The Prophet"... especially the chapter : "Your Children" ... ("Your children are not your children, they are the call of the life to itself. They don't belong to you but... ..." . Don't worry, this chapter is quite short (about 3 pages), but it puts so much parents into question.

Nice weekend... With regards.

André

• Andre75

@leefung wrote:

hahal ; well said; George Orwell 1984!!!

Mao is dead.

@leefung

Hi !

Of course we want to. That's even our parent's duty and I had to do it too... and still now with my granddaughters.

But, to spy on them is not to protect. It's one of the worst way to destroy them. Sooner or later, they will know it, then they will  no longer trust you.... and nobody else... as you were their model, and you disappointed them by destroying their model !...
    I think that we have to be close to them and teach them the countless traps of the Internet, step by step.... Like you stay always close to them when you teach them swimming, or to ride a bicycle.
    And, if we can't be always beside them but still want to know "that they use it with no difficulties" (it's not exactly the same as to "spy on"), never do it without their knowledege.
    We better to let them know that we can see (not watch) and share this assistance remote with them. But always keep in mind that our kids need also their own space of freedom and own way of thinking and discovering life... as same as ourselves.
    However, when the kids know that you help and share with them, they'll be more confident, and feeling happy that you concern about them. That means you love them and trust them as much as they trust you.

(* As you know George Orwell's anticipation novel, maybe you know too Alexander Sutherland Neill ?... If you didn't yet, may I advise you to read "Summerhill School" ("Libres enfants de Summerhill"; something like "Free kids of Summerhill") ?
    And also Khalil Gibran poems : "The Prophet"... especially the chapter : "Your Children" ... ("Your children are not your children, they are the call of the life to itself. They don't belong to you but... ..." ). Don't worry, this chapter is quite short (about 3 pages), but it puts so much parents into question.

Nice weekend... With regards.

André

• Andre75

My last reply to @leefung was removed.

I guess that the censor who did it was probably spied on by his parents when she/he was a kid.

Sorry @leefung, but I can't tell you what I had to say. Just can tell you it was something kind to you and your kid.

André

• I guess we can send each other private messages?

i did get your response as it was emailed to me; then it was "moderated" ;  I will ponder  upon it and let you know; thank s

• Andre75

@leefung wrote:

I guess we can send each other private messages?

i did get your response as it was emailed to me; then it was "moderated" ;  I will ponder  upon it and let you know; thank s

@leefung

Hi leefung,

Thanks for your reply. And glad to know that you got mine by e-mail before it's been "moderated".

If you like, we can keep on talking about by private message, but I'm afraid that this "privacy" is also limited at "1984" style ? (I had already this experience)... Anyhow, there is no heurt to try.

See you again by P.M....
    Regards

• You can spy on your kids using TeamViewer. But if I were you, I wouldn't do that. Sooner or later, they'll find out you didn't trust them. This is the worst way to hurt and destroy them emotionally. Besides, it will make them close off.