Deploy TeamViewer Host MSI Package with Assignment Tool

Hello I got a problem when I Deploying the my Custom Host Createt in the Teamviewer Management "Create and Deploy" After It is createt i has dowloadet the MSI file "TeamViewer_Host-idcxxxxxxxx.msi"

The deployment of the msi i working fine but the "TeamViewer_Host-idcxxxxxxx" is not automatic assign to my Teamviewer Mangement solution in my groups 

What is the point of creating at custom host file "TeamViewer_Host-xxxxxxx.msi" and macking a police If I has to manual add all my deplyment packet manual to my Temaviewer Mangement point and macking police to the host file

Where is the *.reg file or other file place ind the system and what to do to auto assign alle my host. the host design and servel other setting is ok ween it is delployd the only problem er auto assign to my teamviewer accound is working fine in verion 9 but not in version12 in win732 and win 764

Comments

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi RKServiceDesk,

The account assignment should work via the ids code. The .reg file is only for the options and not for the assignment.

Is there already an assignment on the computer or is the computer already in your computer and contact list? And did you create the Host module with your account or did someone else create it?

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • Nfoster
    Nfoster Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have run up against TeamViewer Support/Devs on this very issue. There to many components to work through to get TeamViewer to deploy successfully. Especially if you are using Intune MDM only for Windows 10 Azure joined only devices.

I have run through many emails with them (months) only to get a final response that they do not have any plans to support a Azure Joined only environment where devices are under MDM only. Microsoft does not provide a way (yet) to cascade deployments where one is dependent on another. Thus the assignment tool looks for the *.json file that was created by the host install. If hte file does not exist then the assignment tool will fail.

I do have a partial working deployment, but it requires the use of the ICD tool from Microsoft to create a provisioning package where the host is installed, then Intune deploys the assignment tool. This appears to work, but not unless your are doing a fresh install of Windows 10.

I am also working on a single file deployment which I do have working using WinRAR SFX, I just cannot get it to deploy with Intune as the WinRAR SFX is an EXE file. Intune MDM requires a MSI or a APPX for line-of business apps. Converting such a file with MSI Wrapper appears to break something.

I find this to be ridiculous that I was able to get this far and have no development experience and TeamViewer devs cannot create something this simple from their perspective.

• jutr
    jutr Posts: 2

Hi @Nfoster,

The problem is that TeamViewer msi have the parameters in the name. When you deploy the msi with Intune MDM the msi is renamed when you upload it.

TeamViewer saves time and money to not have a unique msi installer for every customer.

To solved the problem TeamViewer can add a second option to let us add the idc with a parameter instead and that way it will work with Intune MDM.

WRAPPED_ARGUMENTS=/idc:idcxxxxxxxx

@JuliaIf you want to support modern deployment with Microsoft you should consider to add this now. You can still distrubute the msi as you do today.

• Nfoster

Is this a command line aggrument? If so, how should the syntax look? Can this method be used with the full version as well as the Host version?

e.g. "TeamViewer_Host.msi /WRAPPED_ARGUMENTS=/idc:idcxxxxxxxx"

• jutr
    jutr Posts: 2
    Hi,

It was just an example. TeamViewer must implement this in the installer or you can repack IT your self.

Other companies have switch to distrupute installers this way. But to work with Intune the installer need to support command line arguments aswell beacuase the installer is renamed when you upload it to Intune.

• Nfoster

Ok, so I am confused. How does this aggreument work? I have tried the following but none appear to install.

TeamViewer_Host.msi /idc:idcxxxxxxxx

TeamViewer_Host.msi /quiet /idc:idcxxxxxxxx

TeamViewer_Host_Setup.exe wrapped with MSI Wrapper to include /idc:idcxxxxxxxx command.