TV Setup via SSH "Connectivity Issue"

Options

Hello,

I keep finding similar topics and issues to this, but some of them are from TV 13 or older, and the advice seems to be centered around updates that should have resolved this.

When I ssh to a remote workstation, and install TV or TV-Host, that works fine.  But what I need to do next is run the setup and add it to my acount.  After putting in the email address and password for the account, I always get the following error:

"There was a connectivity issue. Please check your internet connection and try
again."

There is no Internet connectivity issue at play, however.  There is no iptables ruleset in place.

However, if I run this setup from the console of the device, I get no such error, and it adds the device to my account.

I have been playing around with "screen" and its options, attempting to run TV setup on DISPLAY=:0 to try to get this to work, but haven't had consistent success yet.  I was also hoping to be able to come up with a way to do this via script, so that I could install this on all my workstations via salt.

All workstations, including my own, are running Ubuntu 18.04 with the latest updates.

Comments

• tuanla
    tuanla Posts: 3
    Options

Hi,

I have the same problem. I don't have any solutions to add account through Command Line Interface. Have you tried with GUI?

I think it maybe because of the crazy Trusted Device confirmation or 2 factor Authentication.... Normally when sign in everytime, we need to give it a permission.

But I don't know. The issues happen for freaking long time, I don't know why they don't fix this!

• tuanla
    Options

Hi!!! Good news!!!

I finally have the answer how to setup successfully !!!

1. Using ssh to set teamview password on your remote workstation: teamviewer passwd [PASSWD]

2. Reveal your remote teamview ID: teamviewer info

3. Access your remote workstation by TEAMVIEWER APP on any machine! This is CRUCIAL step!

4. Run teamviewer setup on that teamview windows command prompt.

5. Check email for authentication, approve it!

6. Check again via ssh, you should see: This device is already assigned to the account <...>

7. Reboot! DONE!

• Afischer83
    Options

This is, for the most part, what I've been doing, but it requires actively controlling the screen in order to get the job done.  Whereas if I can do the entire process from command line, I can install it entirely via SSH or Salt.

• tuanla
    Options

I understand what you mean. But we cannot modify the source code so that we cannot do anything.

Moreover, even when you successfully add your account, you cannot transfer the data. Because it requires a desktop environment login to process further... So I simply gave it up...

Let me know if you have any futher investigation.

• NewSRX_Tech_LLC
    NewSRX_Tech_LLC Posts: 1
    Options

If I run 'sudo teamviewer passwd ze_secret_pass_phrase'

I can then seem to run 'sudo teamviewer setup'

If I try and run teamviewer in a 'sudo -i' session - everything fails.