Migrating from Solarwinds BitDefender to Teamviewer End Point Protection

Has anyone tried migrating from Solarwinds BitDefender to this itBrain product. I have numerous issues with uninstalling and then trying to instal itBrain. It locks up saying there is another AV installed.

Even on new installations I have 1 in 10 installs that cause the itBrain to fail instal. When this happens, there is no way to continue the install, repair the install or even remove the product. The lack of a removal tool is just inexcusable. I have spent a fortune on 1500 licences an I have barely installed 80 in three months. 

Can anyone help? 

Comments

• Stanislav
    Stanislav Posts: 302 [Former Staff]

Hi @Scottish_Dave 

Thanks a lot for this post and welcome to TeamViewer Remote Management.

To my understanding, Solarwinds uses an older version of the uninstall process from the Bitdefender SDK and many times components such as drivers are left behind without a reboot. If you will run a cleanup tool from SolarWinds or the Bitdefender Removal tool the installation of TeamViewer Endpoint Protection will go very smoothly. 

Of course, this will take time unfortunately however with TeamViewer Endpoint Protection you will not encounter problems with the uninstall or re-install processes. 

If you need assistance please get in touch with one of our supporters. 

If you find any other complications for the rollout of 1500 devices please comment below so we can improve the bulk installation going forward.

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
  • Scottish_Dave
    Scottish_Dave Posts: 8 ✭✭

I cannot submit the reply I want to. I keep getting errors on submission from your site.

• Scottish_Dave

You have no removal tool. I have £12000 worth of Antivirus that I cannot use without endangering the stability of my clients’ machines. What do you suggest I do with this? I cannot use this until I am sure I can remove it without rebuilding machines. 

Right now you have sold me something that is simply a liability, without any warning of its weaknesses.
    Please come back to me with a solution – not fruitless platitudes.

• Stanislav
    Stanislav Posts: 302 [Former Staff]

Hi @Scottish_Dave 

It has been a while since the lasty post. Can you let us know if the encopuntered situation was solved with the help from our support?

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
  • Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @Scottish_Dave 

As far I can see, there are many reasons that the uninstallation of BitDefender leaves garbages like files or folders inside computer.

I strongly suggest you to follow the prefered uninstallation way that the Solarwinds sugests. They have also an uninstal tool which is good to be combined with specific steps.

You can google it about this tool and you could look at this article from Solarwinds about the complete manual uninstall of their product.

I hope this to solve your issue and I'm waiting to hear from you again.

• Scottish_Dave

Still a bit of confusion on this post. I would not complain to TeamViewer that they did not have a removal tool for Bitdefender. 

It was a removal tool for TeamViewer that I was lacking. Thanks to the support - we now have this. I obtained the BitDefender removal tool ages ago. 

The teamViewer removal tool works extremely well if the instructions are followed correctly. Never had a failure yet on this.

So - you can close the ticket as I now have that elusive removal tool.