Remote connection to a previous version of the PC backups

Hello support team, it seems that when I connect to the remote PC at work it I can't find the last changes Ive done to files or folders. There were older versions of the files but everything seemed to work properly, no connection problems at all. Then the IT guy from my company tried to access my pc as well but he could see the files with the up to date modifications I did. So we restarted the PC from remote and when I reconnected I cold see the files too. This happened yesterday. Today I've tried again to connect and I noticed the same issue. I couldn't see the latest changes I've done in the files but just the ones up to 15:40 of yesterday. I've tried to restart the PC but to no avail. So I'm thinking that just my colleague connection to my pc is solving the issue. This would be a great problem for me because I would be dependent on him to connect on my pc. Do you have any suggestion on how to fix this problem? What can it be related to? We recently changed the server could this be related to this problem? 

To summarize the problem the excel files are not up to date but if I access for example my email program or my business management software it accesses to all the changes I've done with no problems. 

Thanks in advance.

Gabriele

Best Answer

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

HI @gabriele_ansalo 

Thanks for your post.

I am not 100% sure, but from what I understand I would say, your issue is not related to TeamViewer. A TeamViewer connection has no influence on the files on the remote device. TeamViewer just allows you to work on the remote computer without the need to drive to the device.

And from what you write is your TeamViewer working great as well as your colleagues TeamViewer. I think the issue lies somewhere else.

Thanks and best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Hello Esther thanks for your reply. Sorry but I didn't specify that my colleague connected to the remote pc through a alternative VPN connection. From that connection he could see the actual changes I've made on the folders, excel files etc etc. After that he connected the problem was soved. Do you have any idea regarding the reason why this should be happening?

Thanks again.

• Thanks a lot Esther, I will forward this question to my IT in order to see if this can help and get back to you.

• Hello Esther,  the issue was probably due to the server as you've pointed out. The IT fixed the problem even if I don't know exactly what they did to fix it since they are part of a different company and we've opened a ticket to address  the problem.

Thank you very much for the troubleshooting.

Gabriele