Thank you for playing fair

Options

Comments

• Home_Comfort123
    Options

I am using TeamViewer to help my elderly mom and aunt not for commercial use. I have being using it for years and new I get a message saying I must purchase a commercial licence. How can we fix this because I am DEFINITELY not using it commercially. Thank you

• smirnovcl07
    Options

Dear Sirs

I'd like to claim that my TeamViewer account is suspected as Commercial, however I'm using it only to access a couple of my own devices and my parents' PCs. I can prove it by providing all the necessary data about each device. Waiting for your comments. Thank You!

• TheBogMan
    TheBogMan Posts: 1
    Options

Dear Esther (me too!)

I'd like to claim that my TeamViewer account is suspected as Commercial, however I'm using it only to access a couple of my own devices and my parents' PCs. I can prove it by providing all the necessary data about each device. Waiting for your comments. Thank You!

• Dean3
    Dean3 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

I did get locked out once for suspected commercial use and they eventually allowed it. I don't think that is the problem now; can you tell me? I have used the free version of teamviewer with my 97 year old, WWII war veteran, hard of hearing, 3000 miles away, and almost computer illiterate, dad and it stopped allowing me to get at the box where I usually type in the 6 digit code he supplies, producing a message of "authentication rejected" on my computer when I hit connect with his ID number.

I tried using another computer in my house and had the exact same problem trying to connect with his computer. I had him reboot but it did not help. I cleared my own cache and that didn't help either.

I have used this successfully, perhaps every 3 months for years. Can any one help as to what the problem is? Will TeamViewer lock me or him out after hitting connect unsuccessfully too many times, which i have already done. Could it be his firewall settings which he may have accidentally changed?

As I recall, he has only the version where folks can see his screen, but not the other way around, in case that matters.

Thanks much for a prompt reply.

Dean

• Dean3
    Dean3 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

I was able to solve my problem, after all, after some research suggested the command "netsh winsock reset" which, after a reboot, worked! I would imagine this is worth keeping in your database. Thanks!

• gericb
    gericb Posts: 1
    edited January 2021
    Options

I have been recommending TV to friends for years, but though the software itself has gotten more reliable and stable, this whole needing to get reset for true, legitimate NON-COMMERCIAL use, sometimes repeatedly, is really starting to get me to now NOT recommend your product because of the lunacy of this constant required effort.

I recently had my account reset, because I was getting this whole "Commercial Use" INCORRECT assessment blockage, for simply accessing one of the MANY computers I have, whose sole purpose is to run the World Computing Grid / BOINC software on Windows 10. Obviously over time, the Windows or other drivers would get out of date, which would require several re-connections to the same machines, maybe because they are running Windows 10 Pro instead of Home, I don't know.

Like others, I do help my 79 YO mother with her computer issues remotely and even occasionally a friend in Indonesia or elderly Aunt in New Jersey all of which are NON-COMMERCIAL, no corporate networks, no servers, not work related, not making $$$ from the computers being connected to...

So my "Commercial Use" messages have gone away, but now my session "Times Out" after like 1 minutes, no warning, just dropped, and then I get the message on the screen you see here. If I am "Playing Fair" but still can not reliably use your product without all the stress and extra extra extra effort, what's the point of saying you offer it for FREE PERSONAL USE, when in fact that is not true, because you have some flawed AI watching usage patterns and decided that it's for COMMERCIAL USE, when in fact it TOTALLY IS NOT. This is me connecting to my own home intranet computers!

Do I need to uninstall/re-install or run some kind of cleaning tool on my Mac? I suspect this erroneous flagging and disfunction is not on my machine(s) but rather the server side of TV and it's infinitely clueless usage tracking AI.

DO I JUST NEED TO SWITCH TO **Third Party Product** INSTEAD, TO GET CONSISTENT RELIABILITY?

• emrobles73
    emrobles73 Posts: 1
    Options

Hello TeamViewer Support/Community,

I am trying to figure out what is the trigger that flags a non-commercial connection as business related? My home set up is a MAC environment for personal use (it used to be a MAC Bookair pro and now is a MAC Desktop) that I use to connect to my parents Windows 10 home PC. On rare occasions I would connect to my sister's laptop which is a MAC or a friend who is running Windows OS. All of these connections are remote and non-business related. And since the latest software update when I try to use your application it is being flagged as commercial use.

Do I need to submit the remote IDs so that it can be registered as non-business/commercial usage? I current have version 15.14.5 on my MAC. Please advise me on what can be done.

• perryking
    perryking Posts: 1
    Options

I filled out the certification of PRIVATE USE form with detail months ago , submitted and never received even a response. Much less let me use the software. I support remotely one friend and one Brother in law. Use practically no bandwidth or Team Viewer server time. But I do need to help my two friends tonight but I can't.

Is there any thing I can do before I just give up, remove Team Viewer from my computers and move on ?

Please let me know . Thank You.

• zrbranebre
    zrbranebre Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello, few days ago my connection are limited to 1 minute. Im a free user and not using Teamviewer in commercial use.

Can you reset my account?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi zrbranebre, you are welcome to request the reset for your TeamViewer ID via this form: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

If you read the Blog post above, you get all the background info, you need 👍 However - filling out the form will in any case be a great starting point. Just keep in mind that the reset is for IDs and never for accounts.

Former Community Manager

• hnrkprst
    hnrkprst Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

On one of my partners I get the message TIMEOUT TRY LATER

It happens every time after 20 secs.

I can connect normal to other partners.

I use free version.

Howcome and how to solve?

• hnrkprst
    Options

I am private user and suddenly I can not connect to one of my partners.

It says: TIMEOUT TRY LATER

When I later try I get 20 secs and the same happens.

Please help me help my 60 - 80 year old friends

• hnrkprst
    Options

EDITED !!!

(It happens with all my partners)

I am private user and suddenly I can not connect to one of my partners.

It says: TIMEOUT TRY LATER

When I later try I get 20 secs and the same happens.

Please help me help my 60 - 80 year old friends

• Esther
    Options

Hi hnrkprst - you are also welcome to request the reset for your TeamViewer ID via this form: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Former Community Manager

• ntd91
    ntd91 Posts: 0
    Options

I made the request for about 4 days, please check it.

Thank you!

• Esther
    Options

Hi @ntd91 - the process works in normal cases faster than 4 days. As written above: Sometimes emails are not being delivered and we, therefore, recommend restarting TeamViewer again to simply test whether it works again on the IDs you submitted.

Former Community Manager

• zrider100z
    zrider100z Posts: 0
    Options

Hello there :)

I have two PCs - one at my parents home and one at mine. Sometimes I access one PC from another or from my phone to repair something for my parents, show them how something works, explain computer settings etc. It is the second time so far that the usage is being artificially cut to a connection time in which I cannot do anything - the software automatically disconnects after 30-50 seconds. Important thing - when I leave my house for a longer time I leave it running with TeamViewer since nobody else can turn it on when I'm away (and its around 250km apart). I also used to print things when I was away for long periods of time - my printer has the main issue that it needs to print things from time to time or the ink dries and I have to clean it.

The question is - what am I doing wrong here that the software thinks the activity is fishy in any way? How can I avoid this issue in the future? What can I do if it actually happens and I get cut off from the remote after under a minute?

Thank you for any information that would help me :)

• Esther
    Options

Hi zrider100z -

From the blog article above you already know that TeamViewer compares your usage patterns with typical usage patterns of free private users and with typical usage patterns of business or enterprise users. It looks like your usage might be comparable with typical commercial usage.

Please excuse, if the suspicion of you using TeamViewer commercially is false (a so-called false-positive). We know that there can be cases where the usage of the software might be broader, more intense but still totally private.

I can´t really give you a hint of how to avoid it happening again, but if it happens you can simply fill out the form here again:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Former Community Manager

• dario59
    dario59 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Esther i'm a free lance working for different customers, one on them has a Teamviewer account and some computers registered on this account, so using TV whit this account i'm able to do my job.

But i also have my private TV account used to control a family pc and a raspberry PI at my holiday home, now this seems to be impossible because you associate commercial user not to account but to hardware... so i need to have 2 different laptops to be able to control all ?

• Esther
    Options

Hi Dario, Mixed usage of TeamViewer on one device is currently not possible. That means using the same device for commercial connections and private connections is not supported nor recommended. Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• jorgen_levesen
    jorgen_levesen Posts: 0
    Options

Thanks for me beeing promoted to Neutron - whatever that is?

I also have had this "suspect of comersial use" and send in the requested zip-file for both computers. Now I get message saying the time was used (aprox. 30 sec,) amd I am logged out. Why ??????????

• brottor90
    brottor90 Posts: 0
    Options

hi, 2nd day i've tryed to connect to my home pc/server from my pc/smartphone. After 1 minute the sessions are closed, but i'm private user

• Renzo_Giudice1979
    Options

Dear @Esther, I have been a user of TeamViewer for a while and since a few weeks ago I got my sessions logged out due to the suspicion of commercial use. I actually use TeamViewer for doing my PhD research and now with the Pandemia I have to do it from home and access the PC located in my university for conducting some research analyses. My question thus is whether this is considered commercial or private use? If the latter, would it be possible to reset my account? If not, of course I will probably get myself the corresponding license.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

• pontijas
    pontijas Posts: 0
    Options

i have read but in my case there is no commertial purpose... and has no advertise in the app

so i can not understand...

althougth if iyou considerate you can check connection there is no confidentiality on the service you provide...

• Esther
    Options

Hi Renzo, universities also need to use licenses for their work. TeamViewer offers educational discounts. Your administration can hopefully provide you with a license so that you can continue working from home 👍

Former Community Manager

• Jeroen_van_V
    Options

How do I get in contact with support?

I am a private user, only using TeamViewer for my personal computers and for family.

I read the article, but it nowere says where I can make a ticket, to get my account on private again.

If I want to make ticket, I have to have paid license...

Can anyone help me with this?

• Esther
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi Jerome, Thanks for asking. The link to the reset form is linked in the post several times 😉

But I am happy to post it here again for you : If you only want to get your TeamViewer back, go directly to this page ( https://www.teamviewer.com/reset) and request your reset. That´s it.

Former Community Manager

• ykhan60
    ykhan60 Posts: 1
    edited March 2021
    Options

I am in the US It is a situation that I have been in Korea for a while.

Sometimes I go to the American home computer and connect to the computer.

I can't connect.

The American home ID is **Information removed as per Community Guidelines**

The Korean ID is **Information removed as per Community Guidelines**.

I am using it personally.

• kenevert
    kenevert Posts: 1
    Options

im pretty close to switching over to something else at this point. how come it detects it as commercial use when i only connect to 2 PCs like ever? my other personal pc/my GFs pc. and you guys want all my personal info/signature. You're a private company in another country, you gonna sell our details to advertisers?

• Esther
    Options

Hi @kenevert - no worries, we are not selling any data to anyone. TeamViewer takes the protection of your personal data very seriously and we invite you to review our privacy policy to get an overview of how we ensure this protection and what kind of data is processed for what purpose.

Former Community Manager

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.