Outage in Raleigh, NC

I have been unable to use Teamviewer for 24 hours.   The outage map shows an outage in Raleigh, NC, but at the top of the map it says "No problems at Teamviewer".    So do they know about the problem?  and hopefully fixing it?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @ericplow1 

Thank you for your post.

We are not receiving reports from other users of similar issues, nor are we able to replicate any similar occurrence - this usually means it could be a device-, network-, or location-based issue - you can always check the status here: https://status.teamviewer.com

Please connect to another network and try again - should the issue persist, please provide more info regarding the issue, including the specific error message you receive.

Thanks in advance.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• ericplow1
    ericplow1 Posts: 5

Thanks Josh for your prompt reply.   All I can say is that I have tried from 2 different laptops, and again after rebooting.  They symptom is the same -- I click on the "Connect" Button, at which time it usually asks me for the password.  But now it displays the "Abort" button for about 1/2 second, then goes immediately back to "Connect".   What is interesting is that in numerous attempts, on two occasions it did display the password box like it was supposed to.  I entered the password, and it then went to a screen that said something like "Initializing Display parameters" or something like that (which is normal), but it stays on that screen for about 30 seconds, and then goes back to Connect.   So on at least 2 occasions it accepted my password and WAS trying to connect!   Furthermore, the outage map show an outage area in Raleigh, so why would I be the only one having problems?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @ericplow1 

We do not have any outage maps on our website. If you are using a service like downdetector, please know that while these sites do their best to determine if issues are occurring, they are not linked to our company nor monitoring access to services/servers. As you can see on our status page, all TeamViewer services are currently operational.

As you are prompted to enter a password, this is confirmation that your device is successfully connecting to our services. The issue you described in your most recent reply indicates an issue with the remote device.

Please have the remote device restarted. Should the issue persist, a reinstall of TeamViewer may be required in order to connect again.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• ericplow1
    ericplow1 Posts: 5

It is now working.   I had to re-install Teamviewer