Can't monitor needed ports like Monitis allows

Options
Balata08
Balata08 Posts: 2 ✭✭

We currently use Monitis to monitor systems we have deployed on other than normal ports, using the same setup we can't get the ports to be monitored, it is showing them as failed but we know they are not and monitis shows they are not, if i change them to say http port 80, and change our service to that port it will show alive but we do not want to run our services on port 80.  Any help?

Comments

• Karlen
    Karlen Posts: 89 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi Balata08

The Web Monitoring is designed to support also non default , custom ports within the range 1 to 65535. It is strange that your monitor works fine on Monitis and not on Web Monitoring. Can you please provide more information, so that we can investigate and figure out the reason?

Product Owner, Remote Management services
  • Balata08
    Balata08 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Can we continue to use Monitis until TeamViewer provides all the features that we are accustom to with Montis, I feel that not offering all the same features is going to cause a lot of us to have to move elsewhere and I have been a very happy customer with Monitis for many years and do not like the idea of moving but also can't have the monitoring service offline (mainly TCP port monitoring) for what ever time frame it takes to implement all the service features that it sounds like people are needing.

• Karlen
    Karlen Posts: 89 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi Balata08,

Can you please share some more information on when your Monitis subscription will finish and what features do you use in Monitis?

Product Owner, Remote Management services