TeamViewer on Mac not showing any windows...

The past vew versions of TeamViewer 12.0.78517 on 2 of My Macs have not been showing the main connection window. Selecting Bring all to fron does not show anything. So Basically I cant use it. 

Until Recently I found that if I select the Ceck for Updates option, it checks, says I'm up to date and then shows the main window. 

How can I fix this, its pretty anoying to have to check for updates to get to the main screen.

Thanks!

Scott-

Comments

• The "check for updates" option is a great hint. Unfortunately in my version (12.0.92876) there is only an update option for a certain timeframe (shortest is "weekly"). Can I use TeamViewer now only once a week? Please provide a feasable workaround - we pay for a license...!

• markemark2
    markemark2 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Running Mac OS X 10.15.7

Running Teamviewer 15.11.6 - no updates

When I start teamviewer there is no window visible. The only way I get the main Connection window to appear is by clicking Help > Check for update.

Then the main connection windows is shown.

This is SUPER annoying - can you please fix !!!!

• scooter133
    scooter133 Posts: 3 ✭✭

So you guys that are also Experienceing this....   Here is another odd thing....

This initially started happening with Skype, then SkypeForBusiness and Now Teams.   It is pretty much Identical to TeamViewer. Except TeamViewer has the Update option to bring the windows back. The only way to get the MS Teams back is to Quit and restart.   

I cant help but think they might be related? Both have the main window dissapear, cannot select the main window to bring to front or anything. Unfortunatly Teams does not have anny other menu options that will being up a window/dialog. they are all Links to Web pges. 

TeamViewer Version: Version: 15.11.6 (1c0ed2aeb38)
    Mac OS X: 10.15.7

Scott-
  • markemark2

I know !!!!! @scooter133 

My guess is that somehow the windows has closed - but the app has no function to bring back the window - therefore settings are remembering that the window wasn't open - so when you restart its not opening a NEW window.

I too run MS Teams - but have not seen the issue there.

Its is clearly a bug - but despite sending in reports Teamviewer has not responded to any of my emails / messages - clearly not interested in fixing.

• scooter133
    scooter133 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I think you are right that it gets closed and ther eis no way to open it again.   Though with my situation, Its usually some amount of 'time' that seems to tick by. 

Most of the time its in the Morning. Both TeamViewer and Teams will have the issue with the windows missing.  Its like overnight it got tired of displaying. 

the Issue with Skype and Teams has propagated the last 5 Mac OS Updates over 3 different Macs. 

I have this issue currently with 2 of my Macs. 

Scott-
  • markemark2

Still no fix from Teamviewer. now running version 15.19.4

• Promotiespullencom
    Promotiespullencom Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

Im seeing this same issue as well on a 10.11.6 (el cap) mac using version 15.2.2756

The issue also is there should be an "teamviewer" link in th window menu item. I used this same trick check for updates and the window "magically" pops up. Then under window their is the Teamviewer window. Feels like they totally forgot something.

I do run an old system, i was kinda surprised it actually still is supported.

I know more OSX apps have this issue when you close the main window, there is now way to get it back other then restart the app. But this is is kinda of a joke, no window at all

• NewmanPDX
    NewmanPDX Posts: 1

I am now using Version: 15.34.4 (30c336d9f03) on MacOs and until this version the trick with the "update" worked for me as well to show the connection window.

But not any longer - it was never sent an answer here or how that bug was to avoid or to be fixed, and since the hint with the update worked it was ok for me, but now it renders TeamViewer useless.

Any ideas? Or help?

• PP2022
    PP2022 Posts: 1

Am on Mac OS 12.6

Just updated Teamviewer to 15.34.4 and am unable to connect to remote comp (Windows). Gives me following message. I don't think ID is a problem as the ID was working perfectly in previous version of TV, just before I updated it.

And by the way I tried connecting to that same Windows remote comp via the latest version of TV on a Windows comp, and it works fine for same ID. So it's definitely a "Teamviewer 15.34.4 for Mac OS" version problem. Any help is appreciated.