How do I upgrade V8 MacOS 32 bit to V15

Options
lftv
lftv Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I'm trying to upgrade my V8 licenses to V15 following the V8 phase-out instructions. The problem is that V8 MacOs was 32bit so I needed to keep it on an old MacBook running 10.11.6 and now it offers me only to upgrade to V9 (while another V8 license on Windows 10 offers correctly to upgrade to V15). I'd like to install V15 on a newer MBP but it doesn't install 32bit apps. So what are my options to upgrade my V8 MacOs license?

Regards,

LF

Best Answer

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @lftv

Do I get you right that you would prefer moving your license (the former v8 license) to your new MacBook Pro?

If yes - I recommend installing the latest v15 on the Mac from the following link and move the license to the new device:

Now you need to activate the license on your TeamViewer Account via the Management Console - simply choose the Legacy key and type in your "old" license key - and make sure to be logged in to the Account when making your connections.:

I hope this helps,

Esther

Former Community Manager

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @lftv

Do I get you right that you would prefer moving your license (the former v8 license) to your new MacBook Pro?

If yes - I recommend installing the latest v15 on the Mac from the following link and move the license to the new device:

Now you need to activate the license on your TeamViewer Account via the Management Console - simply choose the Legacy key and type in your "old" license key - and make sure to be logged in to the Account when making your connections.:

I hope this helps,

Esther

Former Community Manager