Remote printing

TeamViewer printing has this thing where the first time you print it asks you if you wish not to be asked again in the current session (to use the remote printer).

Min stopped asking that - I can't get the option back - the options is just gone from my screen and it annoys the s* out of me because now I have to wait for the popup/window each time I print a document.

I have reinstalled with no luck.

Any ideas?

Best Answers

• vjm6891
    vjm6891 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I was having this problem and I updated both my Teamviewers (remote and one I'm physically on) to 15.15.5 and it seems to have come back.

• vjm6891
    Answer ✓

You don't need to uninstall. You just need to click Actions at the top, then "Remote update".

Then it warns you its going to do the update (you have a bit of time to cancel) and it asks if you want to be notified when its finished as it throws you out of the connection.

Then once it's done, it notifies you and asks if you want to reconnect. Obviously I don't know your setup but hopefully its similar. It was actually fairly straight forward. However, if it went wrong, I have a couple of people in the office who I could ask to have a look at it.

• Susan_E
    Susan_E Posts: 1
    Answer ✓

This has now been fixed by updating to the new version 15.15.5 on both computers

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

@Vibeke Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Printing driver?

Community Manager

• Vibeke
    Vibeke Posts: 7 ✭✭

@JeanK Thank you, yes I have - have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the complete software, all with no luck

• JeanK

Maybe you could try to reinstall the printer driver of your system. I mean not the TeamViewer Printer driver, but the one installed on your computer.

Community Manager

• Vibeke

@JeanK Will try that tonight after work, thank you

• Vibeke

@JeanK Didn't work, but thank you for suggesting

• Susan_E

I'm now having the exact same problem, it is completely frustrating to have to click yes every single time you want to print, this is an extra step that is not needed.

Teamviewer - whatever you did.... bring back the tick box for 'Don't ask again for this session' for printing!

• Susan_E

TeamViewer used to have this great little function when you first printed you could click on 'Don't ask again for the rest of this session'

This feature is now gone!!! WHY???

It is completely frustrating to have to click yes every single time you want to print, this is an extra step that is not needed.

Teamviewer - whatever you did.... bring back the tick box for 'Don't ask again for this session' for printing!

Image shows what I am getting now

• Vibeke

@Susan_E Yes, very frustrating! Haven't found a solution yet

• vjm6891
    Answer ✓

I was having this problem and I updated both my Teamviewers (remote and one I'm physically on) to 15.15.5 and it seems to have come back.

• JeanK

Thank you for the heads up, @vjm6891 !

@Vibeke @Susan_E can you confirm on your side?

Community Manager

• Vibeke
    edited February 2021

@vjm6891 Thank so much for the suggestion. As we are currently in lockdown I don't have the physical access to uninstall and reinstall on the remote end yet - I can't risk loosing the connection as I work from home. Will uninstall and reinstall as soon as I get the chance, fingers crossed! Thank you - will make sure to update this thread

• vjm6891

You don't have to uninstall. Just hit Ac tions - Remote update.

Let it do the update (you will get thrown off but it throws up a box asking if you want to go back on when its finished installing) Then just wait for it to notify you.

Obviously I don't know your setup but hopefully it will work in a simialr way.

• vjm6891
    Answer ✓

You don't need to uninstall. You just need to click Actions at the top, then "Remote update".

Then it warns you its going to do the update (you have a bit of time to cancel) and it asks if you want to be notified when its finished as it throws you out of the connection.

Then once it's done, it notifies you and asks if you want to reconnect. Obviously I don't know your setup but hopefully its similar. It was actually fairly straight forward. However, if it went wrong, I have a couple of people in the office who I could ask to have a look at it.

• Vibeke

@vjm6891 Thank you, yay it's solved! It did not start up again automatically after installation though, but luckily a colleague was in the office to get some documents and was able to restart the software

• Susan_E

@JeanK thank you, this has now fixed the problem.

I did this the other day, guess it didn't download the newest version.

Thanks for your help!

• Susan_E
    Answer ✓

This has now been fixed by updating to the new version 15.15.5 on both computers