Version out of date (February 25, 2021)

Answers

• mnow
    mnow Posts: 0

I have the same issue. Tried to connect from my MacBook Pro to my other Win10 Computer. Worked fine, but stopped around 2 hours ago. Both clients are updated, but nothing happens...!

• VirusAlert
    VirusAlert Posts: 0

Anch'io stesso problema da circa 2 ore. Aggiornati 3 PC alla versione 15.15.5 e tutti, connettendosi tra loro, rispondono "version out of date".

Same here for 2 hours now. 3 PC updated to 15.15.5 and all say "version out of date" when connecting each other

• So, we are still waiting for a solution?

• Arjestin
    Arjestin Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same issue with v15.15.5 😪

• Until recently I was able to connect to my wife's remote computer without a problem, however, today I try and connect and I get the following error:

However, BOTH machine are running the most up to date version (see below)

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks Mike

• Until recently I was able to connect to my wife's remote computer without a problem, however, today I try and connect and I get the following error:

However, BOTH machine are running the most up to date version (see below)

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks Mike

• Effe
    Effe Posts: 0

Same problem. Two of us used it yesterday and we both received no warnings. Thanks you all for blocking us.

• Flavio2811
    Flavio2811 Posts: 0

If I try to access my PCs, this message appears: "The remote Team Viewr is running an old version which is out of date. Therefore you cannot connect to this version anymore. Your connecxtion partner can update TeamViewer by clicking on "Help"

But on all the PCs the latest version in already installed

What can i do?

• DaveTT
    DaveTT Posts: 0

Same problem 15.5.5 on 2 macs and getting this 'old version' error message and the 'Reason unknown' connection error. Can you give a link to the previous version until this one is fixed?

• Beamishino
    Beamishino Posts: 3 ✭✭

@Natascha do we have an answer to this?

Both computers are running the latest version of Teamviewer (free licence), on Windows 10, and, whilst using it and rebooting the remote computer, I started getting this error and now I cannot use it at all. (yes, we have tried following the instructions and the update check confirms we are both running the latest version! I also just re-did a clean install on both machines. Same problem. The issue seems to be on the account/registered computers).

Are we allowed to use it with a free licence yes or no?

I am trying to help my mother who is in Italy with coronavirus. If teamviewer is not an option I will look for an alternative, but it would be nice to have an answer!

• Arjestin
    Arjestin Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same issue with v15.15.5 😪

• AhmadW
    AhmadW Posts: 0

Hello,

I'm starting to see a pattern here, I was still able to connect to my testing pc around 3 hours ago, now i can't even connect to my laptop, sitting 1 feet away from my pc.

I've updated both laptop and pc, still no respond.

Should we make a new post in the other section?

• bkoelbl
    bkoelbl Posts: 0

Same problem here. Using this software to assist my boy at homeschooling during Corona when I have to go to the office. I hope there will be a fix very soon.

• soniarodri
    soniarodri Posts: 0

I have exactly the same problem Version 15.15.5 on both sides, I get a "version out of date"

Regards

Sonia

• KBPro_NET
    KBPro_NET Posts: 0

All of my devices are on a closed network and are running version 15.15.5 and I still can not access any of them from one another from a closed or outside connection. I was able to before this update so I know it isn't a network config issue. I have also tested pings on my closed network and all communications are good. Why how am I supposed to resolve this? What is the point a remote management system if we can't use remote access?

• KBPro_NET
    KBPro_NET Posts: 0
    edited February 2021

All of my devices are on a closed network and are running version 15.15.5 and I still can not access any of them from one another from a closed or outside connection. I was able to before this update so I know it isn't a network config issue. I have also tested pings on my closed network and all communications are good. How am I supposed to resolve this? Thank you for your time and efforts!

• AhmadW
    AhmadW Posts: 0

Haha, found you.

It's funny how i still able to connect just 3 hours ago.

• shelm
    shelm Posts: 0

Hi, this morning I wasn't able to connect to my remote pc, I got this message.

"The remote Teamviewer is running an old version which is out of date" and then some more telling me how to update it. Great did that with both clients, so both are now 15.15.5 (32-bit) and yet when I try to connect I get the same error, even when I try to connect from the remote pc back to me at home.

I removed the client and re-installed on both devices, still no luck.

Is there a problem with version 15.15.5?

Regards, Steve

• shelm
    shelm Posts: 0

Hi, this morning I wasn't able to connect to my remote pc, I got this message.

"The remote Teamviewer is running an old version which is out of date" and then some more telling me how to update it. Great did that with both clients, so both are now 15.15.5 (32-bit) and yet when I try to connect I get the same error, even when I try to connect from the remote pc back to me at home.

I removed the client and re-installed on both devices, still no luck.

Is there a problem with version 15.15.5?

Regards, Steve

• Rinkuji
    Rinkuji Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

deleted

• Rinkuji
    Rinkuji Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited February 2021

• efenjay
    efenjay Posts: 3 ✭✭

15.15.5 updated this morning on all machines. No access!. Reports "Remote Teamviewer runnung an old version ..."

• DarrenSV
    DarrenSV Posts: 0

I have the same issue. The software is completely unusable now. Any help from TeamViewer?

• Achilleas
    Achilleas Posts: 0

Im getting this error i have on both sides version 15.15.15.

I can do anything, even i reinstall teamviewer in last version on both sides.

• VGer
    VGer Posts: 0

Same here with all computers running 15.15.5 and all say "version out of date" when attempting to connect. It was working fine 12 hours ago.

• ColinK
    ColinK Posts: 4 ✭✭

I even removed 15.15.5 and installed last 14.7.xxxx on viewer computer.

It still reports 15.15.5 out of date.

Clearly an issue with Teamviewer Server - time for lunch and hope it is fixed soon

• VGer
    VGer Posts: 0

Same here with all computers running 15.15.5 and all say "version out of date" when attempting to connect.

• MacHippo
    MacHippo Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi Topps, what did you rename?

the names you have given to the computers for example "daddys_playground" to "daddys_computer"?

Same problem here since this morning. My wife's PC had a problem, I solved it via TV, windows installed a few updates on her PC and after restart - the old-version-message appeared. And the problem came on each of my four PCs - and each has the latest version installed ... ;-)

• kjeld
    kjeld Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

I am having the same problem with version 15.5.5. Is there a know solution?

• micwsurfer
    micwsurfer Posts: 0

Could this be the reason for the "Remote older version..." errror? Yesterday all was ok, I've not changed anything since yesterday but today non chance to connect...

Please help!

This discussion has been closed.