I have no meetings tab... can't do anything

RickViewer
RickViewer Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Meeting Forum

I just now downloaded and opened TeamViewer free personal use.

It opened and I thought it looked like a meeting tab. I began clicking around to see what was available and now I have no way to use anything much less start a meeting.

The screen at upper left has logo and indicates TeamViewer Management Console.

I'm stuck and haven't done anything yet :(

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @RickViewer

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

The screenshot in your post shows the Management Console - this is where you manage a license and other aspects of a TeamViewer account.

You will want to download and install the app from here:

The following article should help you get started with TeamViewer:

Hope this helps! 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• RickViewer

Thank you JoshP.

I will attempt to do this again. I have ZERO idea how or why the management console opened. Once opened, I could 'go nowhere else.

2nd question: is it the same download for Android devices?

When I tried it 1st time, it took me to some other TeamViewer app to download and that appeared to be a module of a paid business subscription.

TeamViewer seems great for my relatively small (personal) needs yet having one heck of a time getting started. Searching for answers has not helped.... come up with large amounts of tech answers with zero reference (that I found) to my issues.

Thanks for your continuing help. Frustration appears to be shrouded the starting gate!

Rick

• JoshP

Hello @RickViewer

Thank you for the clarification.

For the Android app, you can download it directly from the Play Store. For mobile devices, however, there are separate apps for incoming and outgoing connections, as well as meetings.

Please be advised that both the paid-for and free versions of TeamViewer use the same apps.

I have also included more information on TeamViewer and mobile devices below:

If you have any other clarification regarding the issues experienced as you begin using TeamViewer, don't hesitate to reach back out here!

Josh P.

---

• RickViewer

WOW, JoshP, YOU are dynamite!

[Sad one can't understand that from the help files. I no longer a techy yet I'm not a dufus .... usually! The information may be included somewhere in the files yet the search mechanism is sorely lacking. I won't bore you with details unless you ask and maybe have some input with TeamViewer.]

Further clarification:

Re DESKTOP

1. I AM using the desktop version and that's where the first confusion arose. I downloaded from TeamViewer yet can not find it in my file lists as "installed" anywhere. When I reloaded it from the saved setup file, the Meeting Screen came up again.... THANK YOU.
    2. Certainly, the file is located somewhere such that I can create a shortcut on my desktop... one hopes I don't need to download each time!
    3. Can you explain where TeamViewer is resident on my desktop?

Re ANDROID

1. Your list of which apps to install is GREAT. Again, sad one can not find that (clearly) in help files. I would have NEVER figured out one must install multiple apps to get the basics. AND, there are quite a few TeamViewer Apps in the store to choose from. Again... THANK YOU.
    2. I will attempt android AFTER I get solid on desktop version and don't get wrapped around the proverbial axle.

I'm sure I'll have some "simple" ops questions once I get completely installed and operational.

Best,

Rick E

• JoshP

Hello @RickViewer

Always happy to help 😁😁

Regarding your questions:

The TeamViewer app installs in the same locations as other apps; it should be locatable using any of the same methods.

• If Windows, the TeamViewer app should be in your start menu. You should be able to search TeamViewer in there to find it.
    • If Mac, it should be in your applications folder or in your "LaunchPad"

If you are still unable to find it, re-open the setup file and make sure it is not selected to "Run once". If it is, switch it to Standard installation and then re-install the app.

Thanks for the feedback regarding our articles and information - I'll be sure to share it with the team as we are always working to increase clarity and support via our articles!

Josh P.

---