I am trying to activate my license and it says it has been activated in another account...

TOM_P
TOM_P Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Licensing

so being that there is no Support tab that doesn't come back here, what am I supposed to do?

This is some sort of misapplication. I need someone to activate the license or migrate it ASAP, since I paid for it and I am now being blocked for excessive usage on the free version. I have to go to a free software to access my computer. Not sure what the point of Teamviewer is, then.

How do I get someone to look a this and fix it? I have emails and receipts.

Best Answer

• TOM_P
    Answer ✓

Hi Josh,

That appears to put it right on my work computer. So, even though I opened an account with my work email (and paid for it through there) it defaulted back to AOL when I activated it, I guess. So I had been using the free version for at least a month.

Well, I thank you. I will try to access on my laptop tonight (changing the account) and see how it goes.

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @TOM_P

Thanks for your post.

Could you please specify the TeamViewer service that you are trying to activate?

If you can let us know which license you purchased, we can guide you on how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• TOM_P
    edited April 2021

I hope this answers your question. It is the remote access program. It is the cheapest license they sell. I do not see a specific title for it.

[Invoice removed per Community Guidelines]

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 895 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @TOM_P

Thank you for the clarification.

I took a look and can confirm the license appears to have been activated on a different email address; however the other address does appear to be your own - the license instead appears to be activated on the TeamViewer account associated with your AOL email.

If you log in with the correct account, you should be able to license your devices as well as access the support portal.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• TOM_P
    Answer ✓

Hi Josh,

That appears to put it right on my work computer. So, even though I opened an account with my work email (and paid for it through there) it defaulted back to AOL when I activated it, I guess. So I had been using the free version for at least a month.

Well, I thank you. I will try to access on my laptop tonight (changing the account) and see how it goes.