Request: stable TeamViewer host release for NVidia Jetson Nano

Options
Markovicz
Markovicz Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited December 2020 in Ideas Hub

Dear TeamViewer-Developer-Team,

As you might know, NVidia has launched their 2GB Jetson Nano that tackles the RaspberryPi 4GB quite hard:

I think around 40% of all RPIs are already commercially used for Edge Computing. I think it would be super to release a host version for the JetsonNano but who am I to suggest anything to TeamViewer. Just asking if this plays a role in your near-term considerations because we would actually like to switch from RPI to JetsonNano for some applications.

Thank you!

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Nvidia
    Nvidia Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I do agree.

Jetson platform is booming, TeamViewer is the only way - I really did a lot of research on that

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

@Nvidia :D....... is it really you? The 11billion turnover company from the US?

Anyways, @Teamviewer: I really think many companies out there (including me) would like to use the Jetson platform and especially also their cheapest new board, the Jetson Nano 2GB, which is an aggressive competitor to RaspberryPi4 in their projects.

Could you maybe check internally the pros and cons of releasing a teamviewer host version for the Jetson series? It is either running Ubuntu 18 or Ubuntu 20, which your developers can handle for sure.

The most recent topics I've seen related to this are:

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/how-to-install-teamviewer-host-on-jetson-tx1-tx2-or-jetson-tk1/64818

• Adrix
    Adrix Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

After many mounths is there any solution?

I mean, i would like to use my jetson xavier (whatever jetpack version) and Teamviewer (stable version) ... has this point a solution?

• darld
    darld Posts: 1
    Options

I am agree with @Markovicz . There's a lot of discussion about the stable teamviwewer host for the jetson family product. A lot of tutorial teaching how to install teamviewer host on jetson nano, but all these are unstable and crashed frequently. How can we liaise directly with the product team from teamviewer and raise up our request?

• jeff_rosenberger
    jeff_rosenberger Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Any updates on this. Without Teamviewer for the Jetson I have to keep installing raspberry PI's (which work good but...)