Windows 10 to Raspberry Pi

Options
mikeporter
mikeporter Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2021 in General questions

Hi guys im trying to get Teamviewer to work with my Raspberry Pi 4 8gb.

I can get the desktop of the Raspberry Pi up on my Windows computer but the image has frozen and I cant get the mouse or keyboard to work. Im a complete Noob with Raspberry Pi's so you will have to excuse me if this is a silly question.

Can anyone help me please?

Mike

Answers

• Augustine25
    Augustine25 Posts: 1
    edited June 2021
    Options
    • Raspberry Pi 4 and Pi 3 officially support the IoT Core version of Windows 10, which is not same as the version of Windows 10 that runs on a desktop but is a stripped-back release for low-power computer board.
    • For example, Windows 10 IoT Core won’t let you run the traditional Win32 apps or even boot into the desktop. The IoT allows you to run a single UWP app at a time and the real purpose of the OS on Pi is to run small applications, which are designed for diminutive computer board.

So the real purpose of this is to run things like POS systems and legacy apps? Perhaps not the legacy apps as you can't run 32-bit.

Unfortunately, Win10 is just an update away from being broken.

• mikeporter
    mikeporter Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Augustine25,

Thank you so much for your answer but I think youve misunderstood the question.

I have 2 computers 1 is windows 10 the other is raspberry pi 4 8gb running a nordvpn.

When I try to log into my pi using teamviwer from my windows 10 machine, the screen shows me the desktop of my pi but its frozen (nothing works) its just as if its taken a quick glimps of my pi then stopped working.

Ive followed a few forums here and done as they suggested but nothing seems to cure my problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Mike