Partner ID not displayed on Chrome OS

sdpetersd
sdpetersd Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in General questions

I have Win 10 and a friend has an HP Chromebook. They want me to help them but after they installed the TeamViewer Extension and ran it, a prompt was displayed to enter a "Partner ID" and to "Connect to partner" but that would have them try and remote control my computer. I then installed the TeamViewer Extension on my Win10 computer and ran the extension but again it wants me to enter "their" Partner ID but they do not have one (that they can find).

So, in order for me (Win10 computer) to help the Chromebook, how can they get a "Partner ID"? Do they need to "Sign Up" or is there another way?

Please help!

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,069 Moderator

Hello @sdpetersd,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

Regarding the issue you are having, the answer depends on the type of Chromebook...

If this Chromebook has Android system too, you should be able to get to the Google Play Store, and download a TeamViewer QuickSupport to receive remote connections. Here is the link for download: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/chrome-os/

However, if this Chromebook doesn't support Android, and it doesn't have the Google Play Store, this means that this device will only be able to do connection to other devices, but it will not be capable of receiving connections from other computers.

I hope this information helps!

Please let me know if you have any further questions 😊

Best,

.Carol.fg.

Portuguese Community Moderator

• sdpetersd

Thank you for your quick response.

After reviewing the link above, it looks like it is for "outgoing remote connections..." only. The issue is that the Chromebook person needs ME to connect to their Chromebook and not them connect to me. Is that still possible? See pic below

• sdpetersd

Additionally, when I searched for TeamViewer QuickSupport, I found that it is for support "Mobile Devices from...", see below:

Sincerely,

• sdpetersd

Below is some information I have found regarding TeamViewer on Google Play:

TeamViewer Remote Control: Use this app to remotely control other devices

(but the Chromebook does not have a Partner ID for my Win10 computer to connect to.)

TeamViewer QuickSupport: Get support for your mobile device from any Windows or Mac computer!

(but the Chromebook is not a "mobile device")

TeamViewer Host: Mirror your Android devices to any computer from anywhere

(but the Chromebook is not an "Android device")

BUT in each case, as far as I can tell, there is no app to control (or help) a Chromebook BY a Win10 computer. The Chromebook needs MY assistance/help not the other way around.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,069 Moderator

Hello @sdpetersd,

I appreciate your replies! 😃

The information you saw is correct.

Therefore, let me try express myself again regarding this subject...

If... and only if your partner's Chromebook has Android integration, a QuickSupport or Host can be installed by using the Google Play Store. It will be using the Android system, so it will be operating like a mobile device (even though it is not really a mobile).

However, if this Chromebook doesn't have Android on it, you will not be able to install a QuickSupport nor Host to receive incoming connections.

Did you attempt to install the QuickSupport on the Chromebook already?

Do you know what Chromebook version is this?

Please share with me if the QuickSupport worked for you 😊

And let us know if you have more questions.

Best,

.Carol.fg.

Portuguese Community Moderator

• sdpetersd

The Chromebook user is in another state and had to leave for a little while. I have (via text message) stayed in contact and when they get back home they will contact me so I can get the information you are asking. I will respond with what you requested then.

Thanks for all your support.

Sincerely