Connection problems

Options
WFL
WFL Posts: 7 ✭✭

I have had much difficulty connecting to one of three computers I am trying to control remotely. That specific computer will connect with one of the three and likewise that computer will connect with the other but for some reason the third computer will not connect to the #1 computer. An error message says its offline but it runs 24/7. When I try to add it to the list of computers another error message says it is already on the list but it will not allow me to connect to it ??????

Can someone please help me ?

These are Macs

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @WFL

Thanks for your post.

Could you please let me know if I understand the first issue correctly?

There are 3 Computers total (1, 2, and 3):

• #1 can connect to #2 & #3
    • #2 can connect to #1 & #3.
    • #3 can connect to # 2 but cannot connect to #1

Thanks in advance for any clarification for above.

For the ID already in the list issue: Each TeamViewer ID can only be in an account's Computers & Contacts list once as they are unique to a specific device. However, an alias (the name you give a device) is not unique, as this is just a personal identifier that you give a device.

Since this error appeared, it means the device is already in your list, but under a different alias. To resolve: You can search the TeamViewer ID of the device you are trying to add within your Computers & Contacts using the search bar at the top of the app:

Once located, you can adjust the alias of the device accordingly.

Thanks again in advance for helping me better understand your situation 😁

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• WFL
    Options

Thanks for the response.

I'll try to un-confuse..

Computer 1 (Lillian) and Computer 2 (WilliamsiMac2) are able to connect to each other. Computer 3 (iMac.local) can connect to Computer 2 (WilliamsiMac2) but not Computer 1 (Lillian).

Computer 1 (Lillian) cannot connect to Computer 3 (iMac.local) but can connect to Computer 2 (WilliamsiMac2) ???

When I attempt to add one or the other computer the error message says it is already in my list ? When I am at Computer 1 (Lillian) the error message says Computer 3 (iMac.local) is offline ??? And vice versa ???

What do I need to do ?

• WFL
    Options

When I use the search method you suggested to find the computer that will not connect it says it is offline. All 3 computers run 24/7 ???

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Thanks for the clarification!

Could you please verify that the ID for Lillian is the same when connecting from WilliamsiMac2 and iMac.local? This will help ensure that we are not accidentally looking at four IDs instead of 3! In this theory, the offline device would be an older ID that is no longer in service.

This means that we want to make sure the ID that appears online and is connectable from WilliamsiMac2 is the same ID that appears offline on iMac.local - please let me know if we need to clarify a bit more.

If Lillian can connect to iMac.local but iMac.local cannot connect to Lillian, there could be an issue with the TeamViewer service. I would recommend a re-install of TeamViewer on Lillian, including removing the configuration settings using the instructions below:

If a standard uninstall has been attempted already, I would recommend the manual steps as well this time.

I am sorry if I missed this info as well, but can you let me know if WilliamsiMac2 and iMac.local can connect between each other?

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• WFL
    Options

I got the situation remedied...the remote computers were going to sleep causing them to register offline.

I changed that settingon all computers and now Teamviewer works fine.

Thank you for your help.