I get a pop-up Teamviewer trying to install new helper tool

Options

I have only one Teamviewer in the Application folder on my iMac. Every time my computer restarts, this pop-up shows up and I hit cancel twice and it goes away. It is okay when I am at my desk, and I can do that. The problem is when I am traveling, I cannot login to my computer as this pop-up window is blocking my access and I am not there to cancel it. How can I get rid of this pop-up, I have deleted and re-installed the Teamviewer app but the result is the same. Need help

Answers

• VinzSyd
    Options

i have the same issue

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Sunsak and @VinzSyd,

Thank you for posting on TeamViewer Community and Hope you had a great weekend! 🍀

Would you mind to take some time to check out the following replied from @MoreCoffee about the error message on install new helper please:

Hope the information will be helpful and feel free to comment below if additional information is needed.

Best,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • MoreCoffee
    MoreCoffee Posts: 47 Staff member 🤠
    Options

@Sunsak @VinzSyd Is this with TeamViewer 15.27.3? If you are not yet using 15.27.3, could you please try updating?

• Sunsak
    Sunsak Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

I am using 15.27.3 and I have only one Teamviewer on the machine in the Applications folder

• Sunsak
    Options

I have done a re-install of the Teamviewer and I have only one one Teamviewer on my machine in the Applications folder. I still get the pop-up when the machine restarts or reboots.

• MJEngland
    MJEngland Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I had this issue for several months and tried all of the suggestions and none of them work. I did stumble on a solution that worked for me though:

1. Within the TeamViewer Remote Control window, I had the box ticked for "Start TeamViewer with System". I unchecked this box and closed down TeamViewer
    2. On the dock bar, I right clicked on the TeamViewer icon, Options and unticked "Open at Login"
    3. I went to System Preferences, Users and Groups and then Login Items at the top centre. I then added TeamViewer by clicking on the "+". For me, I clicked on the tick box to Hide this when launched.
    4. I restarted the computer and have had no issues since doing this

It appears to be something to do with the "Start TeamViewer with System" on my computer.

• Molydoly
    Molydoly Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

By applying these steps which are mentioned in this thread. It works perfectly. There will be no pop up error. Follow the above mentioned step by step.

• Sunsak
    Options

Thank you for your assistance.

I was having no issue with my MacAir laptop but only on my iMac Desktop that this install TV Helper tool pop up was coming up. I followed your suggestion but I still have the window pop-up appearing to install new helper tool. The TV application does not start on my Desktop, until I enter the password twice or hit cancel twice. This is oaky if I am sitting with both computers next to one another but remotely, I am not them so I cannot access my Desktop because the TV app is not running.

Any other suggestions will be helpful. Regards

• jillebeen
    jillebeen Posts: 1
    Options

Please Help! I cant open the teamviewer app as this essage keeps coming up.... I reinstalled the app with no luck.

1. I CANT DO STEP #1 that is listed above because i cant get into the application to DO THAT STEP (1. Within the TeamViewer Remote Control window, I had the box ticked for "Start TeamViewer with System". I unchecked this box and closed down TeamViewer)

PLease help me get this working

• MoreCoffee
    MoreCoffee Posts: 47 Staff member 🤠
    Options

@jillebeen Are you running macOS 13 Ventura already? If you are, please make sure you have not accidentally turned off TeamViewer's background components (System Settings - General - Login Items). Also, please make sure you are running the newest TeamViewer version (15.35.5 as of this date).