Connecting Using IP Instead of TeamViewer ID

Hi folks,

I have recently taken over admin for a headless server with no remote access other than TeamViewer. I have the internal IP address, but no TeamViewer ID. Is it possible to connect with the IP? My predecessor no longer has the TeamViewer ID stored.

Thank you!

Answers

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 46 ✭✭

If you are an admin with an IP which I assume you are on the LAN with it locally or via VPN? Remotely access the registry of the server, and you can find the Teamviewer ID in the ClientID key at \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer

• bobbyturkalino
    bobbyturkalino Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thanks jbush. Unfortunately I don't have any other remote access, and am trying to avoid hooking up a monitor to get that info, or enabling RDP.

• jbush
    jbush Posts: 46 ✭✭

You don't need a monitor or RDP. Open registry on your machine, and then connect to the server's registry. Just need the server name. Registry Editor, File, and then Connect Network Registry...find the key above and get the ID. Sounds like the larger problem will be the Teamviewer password if they didn't even leave you the ID.

Good luck!

• bobbyturkalino
    bobbyturkalino Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi jbush,

Well, I found it in the Registry. Unfortunately the host is running an older version and I'm unable to connect. Back to square one... Appreciate the help.

Thank you!