Clients do not register into the desginated group.

Options

Good morning,

we have a generall problem that the installation of an personal TeamViewer Host is not registering the Clients into the desginated computergroup.

We have checked the API-Token, the group id and the config id on the installation process.

Also we have installed the msi and put the command to manually put the client in the right group.

This only worked with the full client installation but NOT for the personal client installation.

We can use TeamViewer but cannot access the client with easy access.

Maybe someone had the same problem?

Iam greatful for every help.

Greetings from Germany :)

Best Answer

• sflrmortier
    sflrmortier Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

No I'm not, and my issue is now solved. I had to recreate the deploy module.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hello @LRA_ORTENAU1,

Thank you for posting here.

I'd recommend adding the group-id within your command.

Deploying with the group-id enforces the clients to be placed within a specific group.

We explain how to proceed at the bottom of this article:

TeamViewer deployment - Recommended scripts - 3/6

I hope this can help!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• sflrmortier
    Options

Has this ever worked for you?

We're having issues with msi deployment not adding computers to a group or account assignment/easy access working. Everything was fine last week but this week it's not working. Computers get the customized host client but no group, account assignment, or policies are working.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

@sflrmortier are you using the group-id parameter as described in the article?

Community Manager

• sflrmortier
    Answer ✓
    Options

No I'm not, and my issue is now solved. I had to recreate the deploy module.